00.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

morel

Platinum Member
Registered User
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 21, 2002
428
0
Chicago
Visit site
#5
It's not a secret. If an expired domain suddenly ends up with one of these registrars, it is because SnapNames got it:

VeriSign
BulkRegister
Namescout
Directi
DomainPeople
DomainSite
NamesBeyond
4Domains
domaindiscount24
TotalRegistrations
NameSystem
1dni
NameBay
pairNIC
EnCirca
 

PrimeDNR

Gold Member
Registered User
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 12, 2002
129
0
Hong Kong
www.PrimeDNR.com
#6
Originally posted by morel
It's not a secret. If an expired domain suddenly ends up with one of these registrars, it is because SnapNames got it:

VeriSign
BulkRegister
Namescout
Directi
DomainPeople
DomainSite
NamesBeyond
4Domains
domaindiscount24
TotalRegistrations
NameSystem
1dni
NameBay
pairNIC
EnCirca
Dear Morel,

May I ask if the domain is registered in MelbourneIT or Directnic.com ... Is Snapname has better chance? Or Dropwizards or Namewinner.

I have 2 loved name in these 2 register that expired.

Many thanks

- PD -
:)
 

G.A.

Platinum Member
Registered User
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 6, 2002
325
0
Hong Kong
www.search4names.com
#7
PrimeDNR,

I originally thought that Snapnames can easily grab MbIT's name.......but later I know that it's wrong. For example: Poisoning.Com[formerly reg. through MbIT].

I am not very familiar with catching DirectNIC's drops. Sorry!



G.A.
:)
 

PrimeDNR

Gold Member
Registered User
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 12, 2002
129
0
Hong Kong
www.PrimeDNR.com
#9
Originally posted by G.A.




But Snapnames JUST grabbed Propagandist.Com(formerly reg. thru DirectNIC) for Ultimate Search [ULT]--- One of the most out-standing dropcatchers on this planet.
Never mind

Thanks G.A.

But How can you know that it has justed grabbed it? It grabbed it for you?



Regards

- PD -
 

G.A.

Platinum Member
Registered User
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 6, 2002
325
0
Hong Kong
www.search4names.com
#10
Take a look at the WHOIS results for Propagandist.Com


*****
Registrant:
Ultimate Search
GPO Box 7862
Central, HK HK
na

Registrar: NameSecure.com
Domain: PROPAGANDIST.COM
Created on 11-22-2002
Expires on 11-22-2003

[...]

*****


See the date?
 

PrimeDNR

Gold Member
Registered User
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 12, 2002
129
0
Hong Kong
www.PrimeDNR.com
#13
Originally posted by G.A.
Take a look at the WHOIS results for Propagandist.Com


*****
Registrant:
Ultimate Search
GPO Box 7862
Central, HK HK
na

Registrar: NameSecure.com
Domain: PROPAGANDIST.COM
Created on 11-22-2002
Expires on 11-22-2003

[...]

*****


See the date?
Oh I See

Thanks G.A.

Ultsearch is in Hong Kong?:confused:

Do they offer service like snapname?

I have try to visit their website but no such back order information is mentioned there?

Thanks in advance!


Regards

- PD -
 

G.A.

Platinum Member
Registered User
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 6, 2002
325
0
Hong Kong
www.search4names.com
#14
Oh, sorry for misleading you!

Snapnames is the drop-catching service provider and ULT itself is SN's customer and of course the 'REGISTRANT' of a domain name. In other words, 'registrant' is ultimately the 'owner' of a domain name.

ULT is of course a HK company. Aren't you proud of them?:rolleyes:
 

PrimeDNR

Gold Member
Registered User
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 12, 2002
129
0
Hong Kong
www.PrimeDNR.com
#15
Originally posted by G.A.
Oh, sorry for misleading you!

Snapnames is the drop-catching service provider and ULT itself is SN's customer and of course the 'REGISTRANT' of a domain name. In other words, 'registrant' is ultimately the 'owner' of a domain name.

ULT is of course a HK company. Aren't you proud of them?:rolleyes:
Hmm! Not really!:)

First of all, they are great in getting all the good name.

But I have heard from forum members that they charge a lot for transfer the good name to the customers?:confused:

They are bad if they have a lot of funds and registered a lot of good name (by Snapname) first . You know you lost the snapname as services if they did it first but you got to have 69 for each snapname?

Regards

- PD -
 

G.A.

Platinum Member
Registered User
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 6, 2002
325
0
Hong Kong
www.search4names.com
#16
Originally posted by PrimeDNR

Hmm! Not really!:)

First of all, they are great in getting all the good name.

But I have heard from forum members that they charge a lot for transfer the good name to the customers?:confused:

They are bad if they have a lot of funds and registered a lot of good name (by Snapname) first . You know you lost the snapname as services if they did it first but you got to have 69 for each snapname?

Regards

- PD -


First-Come First-Serve! this is the gamerules of dropcatching!

Unquestionably I would regarded their behavior as 'bad' if they registers/grabs domains which are identical to someone's trademarks.

It's realistic...isn't it?
 

PrimeDNR

Gold Member
Registered User
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 12, 2002
129
0
Hong Kong
www.PrimeDNR.com
#17
Originally posted by G.A.




First-Come First-Serve! this is the gamerules of dropcatching!

Unquestionably I would regarded their behavior as 'bad' if they registers/grabs domains which are identical to someone's trademarks.

It's realistic...isn't it?
Agreed! G.A.

It is better than Bidding which can hurt by those bad guy (you may paid more than Snap)..

Regards

- PD -
 

G.A.

Platinum Member
Registered User
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 6, 2002
325
0
Hong Kong
www.search4names.com
#18
ULT has got involved in domain-name disputes for many times:


[cases they win]


FirstAmerican.com
GroceryOutlet.com
Matress.Com
Mutineer.Com
Paparazzo.Com
PWC.com
WBW.com
(...etc)


[cases they lost]

Edmund.com
Edmunds.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.