Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

2 Best Keyword Tools Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

unagi

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all, im new here and glad to have signed up.... but ill leave my intro for the proper section.

As my background however is more in IM and SEO ... having come to my current domain addiction and a portfolio of at least 1100 or so names at this point (though only just recently purchased for domaining investment type purposes - mostly i have purchased emds in my niches, then as my seo skills expanded i became a bit of an expert in ranking, building my own networks for seo and such.... so i come at the keyword topic with a good deal of understanding and background and can make 2 solid recommendations of tools I personally couldn't live without ....

Originally i used tools like market samurai which were fantastic - but worked on home machine as the biggest downside...

as SAAS cloud based tools came online all the benefits of market samurai (running analysis on the top 10 - page one results for each term) running on servers instead of home pcs - these tools exponentially expand what you can do.

For instance the first i will recommend - secockpit from swissmademarketing

I have used since beta and it is still excellent - i can plug in multiple rounds of keyword seeds - use several ways to expand that (not just pulling from google keyword tool, that but also a suggest based search (ie it will pull from google's suggested terms - those real ones from when you type in searches in google boxes but it will run through full alphabet/numbers... ie keyword a, keyword b, keyowrd 1 - this can generate a huge quantity of longtail keywords and is awesome.... you can also paste up to 800 terms at a time into a project and it will generally take about 2 minutes to run a full analysis (which yes includes info as to availability of EMDs - at least for the 3 main TLDs as we SEO guys benefit from EMD keyword matches with those 3 com net org much more than others - this is still true).

anyway - there is more to this tool it is amazing and indispensable - i love the power i have to play with large amounts of keyword data quickly and do things that just arent possible unless you want to wait 10 hours on a home machine....

but when it comes to BIG - really BIG digs for terms - my absolute favorite new tool is termexplorer.com

here i can paste into the seed entry more than one - however many terms i want (even domains to bring back terms they relate to or rank for).

the point here is BIG and expandsive runs - with my plan i can do 2 x 25,000 results digs daily, 10 x 10k digs etc
so you can really move through and generate masses of results and then filter them down - YES again for instance for available domains (this is checked as it searches but again just for the top 3 tlds...)

Term Explorer also has a fantastic keyword analyzer once you filter down the best terms it will do a hardcore analysis of competition and score each etc.

game changer of a tool for those who use this data in many ways (including but not only domains) like i do....

hope that is helpful

UNAGI

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are they free?

unagi

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UM. NOPE (not even close, sorry...) though secockpit.com is cheaper these are premium tools and so are something i forget a hundred a month probably... (second to domains im a tools junkie and spend too much but it has helped me learn and grow very fast - i consider it worthwhile ...)

BUT i do have one totally free and totally awesome keyword tool that is SO useful (i use this to collect batches of maybe 50-200 seeds for termexplorer but its so useful in itself and does what i described with google suggest with that + youtube and other google verticals like images / news / shopping etc....

UBERSUGGEST.org

enjoy (and that me later) its a really good free resource

+++UNAGI

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Unagi
Would you mind sharing an overview of your keyword research process to help newbies like me?
Thus far my strategy has been to simply think up ideas and input the terms into Google Keyword Tool. Then I find a keyword with reasonable traffic (aim for around 5000 local searches - not too high otherwise it'll be too competitive) and check out the top 10 results in Google to see if they are "good" sites or crap.
I'm sure there is a better strategy.

Thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UM. NOPE (not even close, sorry...) though secockpit.com is cheaper these are premium tools and so are something i forget a hundred a month probably... (second to domains im a tools junkie and spend too much but it has helped me learn and grow very fast - i consider it worthwhile ...)

BUT i do have one totally free and totally awesome keyword tool that is SO useful (i use this to collect batches of maybe 50-200 seeds for termexplorer but its so useful in itself and does what i described with google suggest with that + youtube and other google verticals like images / news / shopping etc....

UBERSUGGEST.org

+++UNAGI

Thanks unagi, for the freebie

i'm an old school guy who came in the game when most everything was free, probably cuz they just wanted you to test out their service

now, almost every tool site/service charges a basic fee just to enter the door

:rolleyes:

the game surely has flipped on many

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now, almost every tool site/service charges a basic fee just to enter the door

That really gets at me when you purchase a tool, but the company decides to rebrand it and package it with a new tool, but doesn't offer previous customers a discount!

WP-Tweetbomb was awesome when you could abuse Twitter, the cash flow was great and I earned far more to follow up with more tools with that single one, but no discount after a developers license (I think it was $300) on any future products? :?:

A lot of other companies do this as well. I think they expect you to make money from it and then purchase the next series at full price, since you made more than enough to do so... but IMO they lose customers by not offering a discount (like vBulletin upgrades) and some don't utilize them correctly to even break even.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

UBERSUGGEST.org

+++UNAGI

Pricing is quite reasonable actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom