Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

20 PLUMBER SITES... how do i host all of them

domain4profits

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 20 PLUMBER SITES...

and I want to know if I host all of them on the same SHARE hosting (same company)

... can this affect my SEO? ... how google will rank them?

They are all 20 different domains ... NOT geo, but brandable

... do i have to host all in 20 individual hosting companies

Domain summit 2024

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should be fine all in one account. Good content and a few I good incoming links far outweighs any hosting issue

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
incoming links, are links to "your" website, that originate from "other" websites.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has no bearing on you ranking unless you're trying to link the 20 domains to each other.

maxfein

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depending on your goals, WordPress Multisite might be a good answer :)

A small WPMS network running 20 similar simple sites would likely be fine at most shared hosts, at least to build and get it going...

I'm assuming from your description that they're likely going to be fairly simple sites sharing much of the same code base.

Cheers, Max

maxfein

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have plans of using ecommerce, then you'd need a dedicated IP# for those particular sites.

With WPMS you can do it without a dedicated IP yet it is better to have one; one IP for many domains is all you need though!

Further, get onto a server that supports SNI (Server Name Indication) which allows use of many SSL certificates using only one IP :)

IPv4 exhaustion is basically occurring now and Goggle/et al. know this; IP diversity across a small network of sites like this is not a huge factor by itself (don't do actual spammy stuff in general) - further, use a CDN (you can use different CDNs for various WPMS subsites to provide a very diverse edge profile).

In fact, if you wanted to do geographic subdomains for instance, you could set up WPMS to run a network-of-networks still all using the one code base (also possible, all using SSL which is an increasingly important signal)!

Let me know if you'd like some links to various WP Multisite resources and I'll dig around for some good ones :)

aloha, Max

dnk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get at least 3 or 4 webhosting accounts for better ranking

postcd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i want to reply to OP questions, because i think i have usefull info. to add.
If your websites are interlinked in aim to increase sites ranking (in aim to cheat google, dofollow intelinking) and you will have them on same IP, you increasing chance of penalization.
I think Google recommends nofollow atribute for the links when linking to external site

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom