Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

2001 Good expired domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here are just a few of the domain names that expired in the past few months (Late 2001) and became available for anyone to register. These are just some of the the high-profile ones and not including the hundreds of thousands of other high-traffic domains that have expired during this short time:
Phonecards.com , Press.com , two.com , Beijing.com (City for the 2008 olympics) , Compare.com , Cheerleaders.com , Voice.com , Vistas.com , Pump.com , Tabloids.com , Rangers.com , Talented.com , MarketingOnline.com , USCitizenship.com , Discounting.com , Prediction.com , Playgirl.com , Blockbusters.com , Soho.com , MoneyExchange.com , ForeignExchange.com , WireTransfer.com , Expedite.com , Vocation.com , BioChemistry.com , Operators.com, Hello.com , Eat.com, just to name a few.

(Source) : http://www.onlinedollars.com/system.html
NOTE: I am not recommending their service. I just want to list some of the good domains being expired before, because somebody do not believe beijing.com was a drop.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh

(Source) : http://www.onlinedollars.com/system.html
NOTE: I am not recommending their service. I just want to list some of the good domains being expired before, because somebody do not believe beijing.com was a drop.

I am the somebody you mean I believe:)
Thank you for your info, however, it does not prove anything and just a description, maybe there is also a hear say?
:D
I am interested in this case, and hoping someone who knows more about it could tell me some story? Again, I just think the drop of beijing.com does not make sense to me, I have no proof either.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh
Phonecards.com , Press.com , two.com , Beijing.com (City for the 2008 olympics) , Compare.com , Cheerleaders.com , Voice.com , Vistas.com , Pump.com , Tabloids.com , Rangers.com , Talented.com , MarketingOnline.com , USCitizenship.com , Discounting.com , Prediction.com , Playgirl.com , Blockbusters.com , Soho.com , MoneyExchange.com , ForeignExchange.com , WireTransfer.com , Expedite.com , Vocation.com , BioChemistry.com , Operators.com, Hello.com , Eat.com, just to name a few.

As I remember, compare.com & playgirl.com were snapped by namewinner.com, voice.com snapped by a Chinese who I believe is a member here, he did beat all the other big players, including ultsearch I believe:D

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are gems among the detritrus dropping almost every day. Most are snapped within minutes, but nuggets of quality frequently remain available for harvest. These, too, however, disappear within a few days.

:cool:

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh
minutes != gems :)

A real gem lasts less than 20 milliseconds.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh

Am I correct that the names above (from late 2001) are far better than anything that's dropped in the past few months? Seems to me the recent drops don't come anywhere close to this level :upset:

YesOnline,

Yup, beijing did indeed drop. Believe it or not. Bet the pros also recall that shanghai.com dropped the same day as beijing.com! Both owned by the same guy before the drop, forget who has them now, UltSearch most likely.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameinvestor
YesOnline,

Yup, beijing did indeed drop. Believe it or not. Bet the pros also recall that shanghai.com dropped the same day as beijing.com! Both owned by the same guy before the drop, forget who has them now, UltSearch most likely.

IF you have any proof that I would like to believe beijing.com did drop, but it does not make sense to me for now.
And you say shanghai.com dropped the same day, I don't think so, I have noticed these 2 domains for a long time, and know after beijing.com was "grapped" or " transferred" to ultsearch.com, shanghai.com recovered its whois as the original owner and still asked 1 million for sale as it had been. That is why I think the original owner did not FORGET to renew them and let them dropped.
But maybe you are right and I am totally wrong.
I don't have proof either, sorry, I just have my reasonable doubt.:razz:

Reasonable doubt being nobody will drop a million bux on the street huh? :D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh
Fizz, go and ask professor DomeBase on time travel! :D

Goh, I now firmly believe in Transatlantic time travel after reading today’s posts, where three roommates using PCs were able to determine that DNF members safesys and DNPowerful, living thousands of miles apart from each other, were able to beam themselves into each other’s living rooms in 45 seconds :eek:

Shares in British Airways and Air France plummeted when this news was announced, now that their Concorde is no longer the fastest means of public transport between GB and USA.

Originally posted by fizz

Goh, I now firmly believe in Transatlantic time travel after reading today’s posts, where three roommates using PCs were able to determine that DNF members safesys and DNPowerful, living thousands of miles apart from each other, were able to beam themselves into each other’s living rooms in 45 seconds :eek:

Shares in British Airways and Air France plummeted when this news was announced, now that their Concorde is no longer the fastest means of public transport between GB and USA.

It is rumors like these affecting the stock price. BTW, Fizz, are you sure you are not working for Quantum Fund or working with Mr. Soros, huh? :D

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
these high profile drops are nice and serve more as an indication of the quality of names actually dropped. any name of this quality will be chased with resources not available to most and while this does not preclude catching one of them it is sometimes smarter to chase low hanging fruit which is often available as long as the day of drop.

this game is getting harder and harder to play without the access and facilities neccessary to compete at the higher levels.

but in the last month i have caught 15 -20 names giving me 6-7000 uniques a day

not a bad investment

sean

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by avs162
...in the last month i have caught 15 -20 names giving me 6-7000 uniques a day...not a bad investment

Wow, that's fantastic traffic !! Would those names come under the category of 'low hanging fruit'?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

Wow, that's fantastic traffic !! Would those names come under the category of 'low hanging fruit'?
fizz, need special drink..... can't do without it... :D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey omni, that's what weekends are for, lol

Have a good one everyone !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom