Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 36ID.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

Do you say too "36 ideas" (of course, ID is put for ideas) ? In French, there are mathis is obvious to say 36 chandelles

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No Frenchie, that term has no meaning here that I am aware of.

F

Frenchie

36ID.com
Do you say too "36 ideas" (of course, ID is put for ideas) ? In French, there are many expressions with "36" ( f.i "36 chandelles" means 36 candles, when you are groggy).

"36ID" could have plenty uses in French, f.i. for "system D", ideas to better manage the house, the garden, the car, the office,your wife, your girl friend, your boss, your pets, your children, shopping, repairs,... really everything.....

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
frenchie...if 99% of the people on the forum do not see any clear meaning when first viewing the domain name there's no sense in trying to talk us into it... Imagine what a typical internet user would think, let alone domainers like us. There's no use trying to make up your own cute domain name with a meaning that only one person (you) can decipher. When you get a negative response on one of your domain names learn from it...don't try and argue...people are only stating their opinions.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Frenchie
36ID.com

".....to better manage the house, .....your girl friend, your boss....

Maybe if it was 36D it would have a meaning in managing your girlfriend's assests but other than that,

it would have to be a French-speaking only domain -- sorry!

P.S. 36D is a brsssiere size and cup. Did I spell brassiere right Frenchie?

F

Frenchie

IP, it's "brassière", but you are forgiven...
Mike sorry, but I did'nt try to more argue; only as you can guess, my thread was accidentally posted unfinished, so that I had to complete it after (my second post, and then I had not even read the first post) !

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone can get 37ID and that's one idea better?

Stouch

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
36dd.com would be cool :D

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
36DD.com is great I agree. I think, however, this Forum voted BreastImplants.com down and BreastReduction.com up.
Just the facts ma'am.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
frenchie always gets the really funny names that don't seem to go right in english (but he always manages to have some good explanation for it) and tries to convince everyone that they are good.

he's cool and always gives me a good laugh.

no offense frenchie, you're just a funny dude.

luc

F

Frenchie

Luc, maybe you give me a good ID, and I would better open a funny domain, which could have a lot of traffic ?... (you would latter advise me on my funniest name, as future domainame).

Anyway, is'nt it better to make people laugh, than to be annoying or to create indifference ?

its good to make people laugh frenchie, but each laugh you give is costing you reg fee. at some point you are going to want to make money from your reges I imagine, so it might be worth thinking about that a little more carefully.

F

Frenchie

Fully agree, Safesys. But most of my names were registered 1 to 2 years from now (thus before wise advise from dnforum)...WOW: is WiseAdvise.com available ?

Meanwhile, you would be surprised that when some people laugh, few others (more discretely) want to buy some of my names (not for thousands, but...) ... thus, that make me at least a bit smile ...

before you go running to reg, its advice not advise that makes sense....

its a complete fallacy that only people with names registered years ago will sell them - every day there are names being returned to the pool that have commercial value. This is in addition to domains that have been overlooked by both speculators and the industry to which they relate.

Rather than trying to invent something that only you understand, to make any real money you would likely do much better looking at the above.

F

Frenchie

I am sure you are right, Safesys, but I have first to sell some of my good former names to make cash money before they expire too (and let expire those unvaluable), before to look for good expired ones. Thanks.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds like a plan. selling names is better then buying especially when you sell for more then the reg fee :)

as far as humor domains go, unless you have a killer site behind it, you shouldn't really bother with them. way to competitive and not enough $$ coming in from louzy banners and advers.

speaking from personal experience,
luc

F

Frenchie

Thanks for this good pratical advice, Luc. But be quiet, in fact I had'nt seriously this intention to set up an humoristic site ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom