Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

3D WebDesign - are you ready for the boom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shags38

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3D is here to stay - it is NOT just about Television or Cinema. Samsung (3D SmartPhone), Sony (3D Digital Camera), Nintendo (3D Game Console), Panasonic - (3D CamCorder) .... ALL BEING RELEASED between end of August this year and March 2011.

3D COMPUTERS are expected to be on the shelves before mid 2011 - many existing computers will be readily and cost effectively upgradeable to 3D Active with a 3D Monitor, 3D Graphics card and 3D Bluray Optic device.

SO Einstein, where are you going with this?? (SOE, not SEO :)).

Games, Movies, Travel(ogue), and Sports site in particular will be stampedeing to get some 3D content added to their sites - and general consumer product "Brands" will be tripping over themselves to ge first or better than their competitors (Coke v Pepsi as an example but also at lower levels).

Demand for 3D Website content will be huge - hard hitting, entertaining IMPACT content.

I am a domainer not a web developer (fairly obvious if you take a look at some of my sites - see link in my signature) and I am passionate about the future of 3D. I currently own about 1200 dot com 3D domains (and about 500 .com.au) so aside from my passion I have some substantial financial investment in the successful future of 3D :smilewinkgrin:.

SO Einstein (SOE) where will some of these stampeders go when they need some 3D web design done quickly and professionally ( SunFlower Creations Web Design ??) - maybe
3DWebSiteDesigns.com ? or 3DWebPageDesigner.com? or 3DWebSiteConcepts.com ?

Anticipation is the key here for someone (some organization) to get the jump on their competitors.

IF, and as I said I am certainly not, but if I was a web designer / developer I would be pro-actively approaching some of the better potentials for 3D content on their sites and canvassing them for business - NOW, BEFORE 3D COMPUTERS actually hit the market.

Content won't be an issue, 3D Digital Cameras and Camcorders are ready to hit the shelves so you (or the pro photographer) can get the footage required - do some mock ups (even using 3D Animation) - whatever is required to get the customer enthused and essentially have an upgraded site ready to go live as soon as 3D Computers arrive. It will not be a hard sell - easier than selling tickets to the super bowl.

3D Computers (and or the necessary components) will be considerably cheaper than 3D Televisions and far more functional (gaming for example) - most homes will have a 3D active computer (or 2) well before they have a 3D Television. Consumers will see 3D Sport, 3D Coke or Pepsi commercials, etc etc etc on their computer long before they will see them on TV - hence an excellent opportunity for the brand owner / advertiser to get to consumers using the new "ENTERTAINMENT" medium.

I wish I knew more about web design - I can see the dollar signs floating accross the room now :smilewinkgrin:

and yes - the abovementioned sites are for sale amongst about a dozen or so very similar.

So is Einstein on the mark or way off track here? Suffice to say I look forward to some feedback (please send in a 3D compatible media file :cool:)

cheers,
Mike

spelling and grammatical errors are not the fault of the poster - the posters keyboard is missing one of its feet and wobbles a bit

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I watched Minority Report yesterday and in 2054 computers aren't 3D so I call you wrong :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Kidding aside, 3D exists for decades, I don't see a switch to a 3D-enhanced Internet experience any time soon. Sure, it looks good on games and movies but I would not go GaGa over 3D & the web.

shags38

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kidding aside, 3D exists for decades, I don't see a switch to a 3D-enhanced Internet experience any time soon. Sure, it looks good on games and movies but I would not go GaGa over 3D & the web.

Like Flash? What is that in your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators