Domain Days Dubai

closed 46 domains for $1.26? Politics suck

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have tried my hand at politics in the past months and had terrible results. Listed them just about everywhere and no bites at any price. What is the problem with political domains? Sedo staill has not sold kerryedwards.com and they won't. I think there is an overall lack of excitment in politics this year. Some of my domains are dated (2004) but others I find great. We decided to stick all 46 on eBay with no minimum and no reserve and now have a whopping bid of 1.26. Why can these domains not sell at better prices? We all know there is money in politics. The domains are:

KerryEdwardsTicket.com
KerryEdwardsTicket.org
KerryEdwardsTicket.us

DemocraticConventions.com
RepublicanConventions.com

Bush-KerryDebate.com
Kerry-BushDebate.com

TheRepublicanParty.US
TheDemocraticParty.US

RepublicanElephants.com
DemocraticDonkeys.com

Kerry-EdwardsTicket.com
kerry-edwardsticket.org
kerry-edwardsticket.us

2004kerry-edwards.com
2004kerry-edwards.net
2004kerry-edwards.org
2004kerry-edwards.us
2004kerry-edwards.info

2004kerryedwards.net
2004kerryedwards.org
2004kerryedwards.info
2004kerryedwards.us

kerry-edwards2004.info
kerry-edwards2004.net
kerry-edwards2004.us

Think about the future

dems2008.org (check out dems204.com)
convention2008.com
democraticconvention2008.com
2008dnc.org

ImpeachThePresident.org
ImpeachThePresident.info

2008kerryedwards.com
2008kerryedwards.info
2008kerryedwards.net
2008kerryedwards.org

jfk08.com
johnjohn2008.com
kerry08.info
kerry08.net
kerry08.org
kerry08.us

kerryedwards2008.info
kerry-edwards2008.info
kerry-edwards2008.net
kerry-edwards2008.org

On eBay now
good link
:huh: :huh:

Frogs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry try this one

still at $1.26

Frogs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure Man, but why don't you think they sell? This is the third time on eBay, always at a reasonable price, and no takers. None of the political domains others own have been selling this election either. Where are the fundraising committees, the big money backers, and the party looking for aliases to their site? I received hundreds of hits parked on Sedo last month. Still no takers. ????????????

DomainShark

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ebay is a terrible place to sell domains and there are a lot of similar political names floating about, mostly with only short-term potential. I can see that DemocraticConventions.com, RepublicanConventions.com, RepublicanElephants.com and DemocraticDonkeys.com might have more long term potential than most though.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, since they were all available until you registered them as late as July (when the election is sooo close), what makes you think that they would be worth even their cost? I don't think it has anything to do with political or elections domains in general but more the quality of specific names. There is A LOT of money in politics; it's just that they don't spend it that way. kerryedwards.com is different: they are asking for a fortune. Good luck.

Frogs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
To be honest, since they were all available until you registered them as late as July (when the election is sooo close), what makes you think that they would be worth even their cost? I don't think it has anything to do with political or elections domains in general but more the quality of specific names. There is A LOT of money in politics; it's just that they don't spend it that way. kerryedwards.com is different: they are asking for a fortune. Good luck.

I now understand. I had registered them within minutes of Kerry's VP selection Edwards. I figured that just about every city has some kind of fundraising group and that the closer we get in such a close election the more groups there would be. I finially figure just to get rid of them all and stay out of domain speculation. Sorry I didn't talk to yo before I bought them.

DomainShark said:
ebay is a terrible place to sell domains and there are a lot of similar political names floating about, mostly with only short-term potential. I can see that DemocraticConventions.com, RepublicanConventions.com, RepublicanElephants.com and DemocraticDonkeys.com might have more long term potential than most though.

It is too late now. Where would you suggest that I would try to sell other domains? I had them on Sedo at no set price and got lots of hits but no offers. Maybe I should have left them parked there.

DomainShark said:

Where would you suggest that I should have tried to seell them?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frogs said:
I now understand. I had registered them within minutes of Kerry's VP selection Edwards.
Yes, you don't wait till the announcement: most domains related to pesidential HOPEFULS in 2008 (or even 2012) have ALREADY been registered. Better luck next time ... I mean 2016. ;)

Frogs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Yes, you don't wait till the announcement: most domains related to pesidential HOPEFULS in 2008 (or even 2012) have ALREADY been registered. Better luck next time ... I mean 2016. ;)

Yes I noticed that too. Was looking at Hillary in 2012. Here is a trip. Olympics(YEAR) and summer games(YEAR) are taken for the next 50 and more years.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frogs said:
I have tried my hand at politics in the past months and had terrible results.

Someone else will make the same mistake in 2008. I bought a couple too and can't unload them. I was getting PPC income on BushCheney04.org but I had a guilty conscience since I despise Bush. I finally redirected the domain to a news article that points-out how unstable he can be. I figure it's my contribution to Kerry's campaign.

Len

Frogs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
healingsites said:
Someone else will make the same mistake in 2008. I bought a couple too and can't unload them. I was getting PPC income on BushCheney04.org but I had a guilty conscience since I despise Bush. I finally redirected the domain to a news article that points-out how unstable he can be. I figure it's my contribution to Kerry's campaign.

Len

I tried something like that but don't have enough time.

Check out SaddamHusseinTribunal.com and SwitchVets.com ( a parody of swiftvets.com)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
DNF Staff
Reaction score
Hi Frogs

Please do not advertise your names for sale in appraisal forum!

Links to ebay sales are not permitted in this section.

Thanks

Frogs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
Hi Frogs

Please do not advertise your names for sale in appraisal forum!

Links to ebay sales are not permitted in this section.

Thanks

Sorry - I was trying to figure out why they are not selling. They are not all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!
IT.com
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Photo Video Editing
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom