Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 5000 searches/month

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GIRL18

Hi!

I have a 2 word domain. This words together are searched for 5000 times/month in Overture.

How much such a domain worths?

How much could I gain from such a traffic and how?

Thanks!

Just,
GIRL18

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You should just name the domain if you can.

For instance, someone thinks GadgetSpy.com is worth only $100, and these two words got over 8000 searches in August (according to Overture). In July it got even more.

That said, with no specifics, its hard to truly access.

Best,
W|Z

M

MattyP

Type the two words combined into overture as twowords.com and see what the results are then.

Post those results and others will be able to help you a little better.

Matt

G

GIRL18

Hi!

:) I did not register it yet. I will tell you in a few days.
By the way... Which is the best registrar? Is godaddy OK?

Thank you!

Just,
GIRL18

M

MattyP

Well that is most likely good that you have not registered it yet.
Do the overture search before you go ahead and register the name. It may help you decide if the name gets type ins or not.

Of course if you have a plan of development for the name go for it if the name meets your requirements.

Matt

G

GIRL18

Hi Matt!

The words combined = 0 searches

??? Is this good?

just,
GIRL18

P

President Gringo

ummmmm............thats excellent.

Can't get lower than 0, therefore its the worse result possible.

I

irlman

What about an adult name that gets 15.000 searches amonth in overture.

The name has 4 generic words in it,

I have done a search with the words combined and I still get 15.000 searches.

What type of money could be made from a name like this ?

I do not own the name - so I cannot post it ( it is a .com name)

Thanks

M

MattyP

I have done a search with the words combined and I still get 15.000 searches.

If you are saying you have typed in the four words with .com on the end and are getting 15,000 results, post the name and sit back and wait for the buyers to knock on your door.

Matt

L

lhague

...I'm a bit confused by this overture or search engine search thing
do you only type in the generic words of your name on their own and see what the results are to see if it is a good enough name, or do you have to type the genericwords.com..... I guess you are saying if you just type the generic words in and get hight result this is good but if you do them with the .com at the as well with high search results this is excellent?..

M

MattyP

Originally posted by lhague

[., or do you have to type the genericwords.com..... I guess you are saying if you just type the generic words in and get hight result this is good but if you do them with the .com at the as well with high search results this is excellent?.. [/B]

That is my belief.

Matt

L

lhague

...so for instance... (sorry about this!) is AdultEngineSearch.com worth registering?.. it got 36,358 searches in August just typing in key workd phrase Adult Engine Search but if you type adultenginesearch.com...nothing? is it still a good name based on key word technology?

M

MattyP

I wouldn't register it.

Because I said I wouldn't that means you most likely should :D
I have a knack of being wrong :D

Matt

P

President Gringo

If it was adultsearchengine, maybe, but sounds wrong that way

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lhague ...I'm a bit confused by this overture or search engine search thing do you only type in the generic words of your name on their own and see what the results are to see if it is a good enough name, or do you have to type the genericwords.com..... I guess you are saying if you just type the generic words in and get hight result this is good but if you do them with the .com at the as well with high search results this is excellent?..

Normally you enter your keywords with spaces in between, this method determines the number of searches done at Overture.com's web-site, a small player with only 5% or so of the SE market.

However, if you use no spaces, returns are more powerful since spaces are not used in url's. You will find few names have any returns without spaces. A name may have say 1,000 or more Suggestion Tool returns with spaces and none without.

The number of type-ins is typically a very small fraction of the Overture returns. It's possible to have names with zillions of returns but zero if any type-ins. With some names the ratio turns out to be high with say only 250 returns but several type-ins a day (considered very good ratio). Other names may have 2,500 returns but rarely or never get type-ins.

There is likely a reason for all of this but I don't believe anyone really knows what it is. That does not negate the value of Suggestion Tool, as it's thought to be the #-1 (free) domain tool.

----------------------------------------

Easy to remember web-site link www.SuggestionTool.com

L

lhague

...I agree it sounds sounds awkwardly wrong but I typed it other way adult search engine and that wasnt even listed! first one on list is

adult engine search.....I did it in Overture

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Normally you enter your keywords with spaces in between, this method determines the number of searches done at Overture.com's web-site, a small player with only 5% or so of the SE market.
----------------------------------------

I thought that Overture represented 85% of all searches-?

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
See... despite what you guys said, 30,000+ searchs on Overture is enough of an indication that people think about it this way. I wanted to register it myself, but thought to ask Lynne first. --By the time she went to look again... GONE (I have no doubt by someone reading this thread).

People missed giving the best advice possible... don't mention domains you plan to buy in public forums. I'm sure if the opportunity occured to me, it occured to someone else who wasn't going to ask about it first.

The KEY to AdultEngineSEARCH.com is that in a logo design/branding, you can put SEARCH in big letters at the bottom of "Adult" and "Engine". Having "Adult" and "Search" and another term that works is very useful. The "awkward" feel is perhaps better as it makes it more "whimsical" in my mind (and therefore memorable). As "off" as it may sound to some people... there ARE folks that think of the term exactly this way.

Anyway. Learning lesson I guess.

Next time I'll transer it back to the person for free if they wanted it. Doh!

As an aside, "AdultEngine.com" is regged by Ultimate Search. I'm sure this one would have been regged too if they'd caught it... without batting an eye.

Sigh. Just think of it as a website that let's you find adult search engines and you've got more than a winner as far as ranking is concerned. I don't know if a metasearch in this category exists.

W|Z

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add something...

It occured to me that one could also use AdultEngineSearch.com to sell software for adult webmasters, and point to websites that also sell software for adult webmasters. The word "engine" can be used to describe any mechanical "tool" not necessary all needing to be "search" related. You can have web-builders, link-pop tools, reciprical link engines, Bulk Mailing software (not that I endorse them), etc, etc, etc (many of which may have lucrative affiliate programs).

On my website Figma.com (for fantasy and comicbook artists and writers), I have a Links Directory of Software that creative webmasters can use to help build, run and manage their websites.

The Adult industry is far more vast and technologically advanced than any industry on the Internet. I'm sure there are a LOT of opportunities to be had with a solid domain in this category.

W|Z

L

lhague

...I want to add something!.......I'm P***** off!!! I should have gone with that womanly intuition! ... ah well........thats life.... but thanks W Z for being so trusting ..... "whoever registered it can change their handle to Judas!" (just joking, I guess its first come first served in this game!) :swg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom