Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

**********||| _ enom drop club - scam _ |||**********

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

_Yakov_

Enom is a scam, they didn't get me any worthy domains since I joined the club. With 10 accounts, they got me nothing valuable.
I submit the same list of domains to all 10 accounts to increase the priority of getting the domain if they cauch it. They caught many domains that were in all of my 10 accounts and I wasn't deligated a single worthy domain.
Such a scam, this company looses it's face.
I emailed them for the explanation, now waiting for their response

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And you don't think that other people are going after the same domains also? You may have the money to afford the 10 accounts but I didn't buy a single one for the very fact that they are only using one connection and even if they do catch the name it's given out in a round robin system where some are penalized by various factors. It might seem great for a group of 10 people but I am sure they have far more members who joined who have multiple accounts. If you have the money then bid high at namewinner and other places where the name will go to you if they get it. Course though there are some services where you don't know if you are the high bidder or not and that they will keep the name if it's good enough. :rolleyes: *cough*

Y

_Yakov_

The scam is in the fact that you no longer get what is expected to justify $99/account/month membership fee and they are still open for new members to join.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom's club drop may not be a very smart, successful or economic way (if you're buying multiple subscriptions) of catching domains, but it's not a scam. They are upfront about how the system works. There's obviously no guarnatee they'll catch the name, and even if they do, there's no guarantee you will be the one who gets it. It's a dumb system if you ask me (for the subscriber - it seems to be very successful for eNom with lots of subscribers). If you're paying $1000/month for 10 accounts, I would assume you're going after very high profile names. These names are obviously in many club drop lists, so your chances are slim, even with 10 accounts. Or maybe you just have bad luck. Either way, if you're not happy with the service, just stop your subscriptions, but labeling it a scam is not right.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftlock
Enom's club drop may not be a very smart, successful or economic way (if you're buying multiple subscriptions) of catching domains, but it's not a scam. They are upfront about how the system works. There's obviously no guarnatee they'll catch the name, and even if they do, there's no guarantee you will be the one who gets it. It's a dumb system if you ask me (for the subscriber - it seems to be very successful for eNom with lots of subscribers). If you're paying $1000/month for 10 accounts, I would assume you're going after very high profile names. These names are obviously in many club drop lists, so your chances are slim, even with 10 accounts. Or maybe you just have bad luck. Either way, if you're not happy with the service, just stop your subscriptions, but labeling it a scam is not right.

Agreed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Shiftlock, eNom is clear in the terms so it is up to the user to decide buying the "lucky draw ticket".

But I'd like more transparency in their system, after the drop they should report how many people ordered the same names as mine, how many were caught, etc. I can then decide if I should renew the membership.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 888
I agree with Shiftlock, eNom is clear in the terms so it is up to the user to decide buying the "lucky draw ticket".

But I'd like more transparency in their system, after the drop they should report how many people ordered the same names as mine, how many were caught, etc. I can then decide if I should renew the membership.

Yes i agree with this. I'm not going to renew in any case. There are plenty of other options out there now.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree 100% with Yakov

Enom has done this before from what I hear. Here is how enom came into being:

A week before they went live, they got some really good names.

The week they went live they got good names, however (thanks to some member for bragging a lot about those names)

Now after 3 weeks I have to say enom sucks so bad that the only name they get is $8.75 on NW which NW doesn't get for the folks anymore.

Once again someone was put down because they said thanks to those who bragged a lot. Actually those people are dumb!!! who brag. I agree this is a discussion forum however I must say that atleast 40% of the club drop sign ups must be from those bragging threads and now it has come to a point where people like myself who don't have deep pockets are just loosing money by not getting low class names.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adill420
I agree 100% with Yakov

I must say that atleast 40% of the club drop sign ups must be from those bragging threads

I do not thinks so..

eNom sent out a notice about Club Drop before they went live no?

To 6 thousand accounts..

BTW, club drop was around b4 they went live. But it was like a 10 member group that you could buy into each month, i think it was a few K each month..

anyways, yea..:eek:

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well enom has been live since I don't know when but I dont' think after the Redemption Period came into place they had gotten anything good and I really doubt anyone was in either since two times in two months someone has inquired and they had space available. Also as far as I remember they never got any decent names. (middle class even)

And to answer your question about those 6 thousand users. Well I am sure everyone wanted to see the results before just jumping to an opportunity. I would be surprized if they even had handfull of sign ups.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You think all enom account holders come to this forum?!!?!

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my orignal post I said approx. 40% and to be honest I would say twice that much. Why? Because just about any name that is caught through private clubs except SnapNames and maybe GoDaddy is someone who has intrest in expired domains. And as far as I know most of them come here.

smoothlime

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adill420... exactly! some people are real quick to make judgments. :(

And as far as Enom goes, they're pretty much scammers. Even during the time when it was limited to 10 people at $2000.00, I can recall a time, when I was scammed out of a 3 letter .com, which was registered under my account and was marked successful on the emailed results report, but the domain was removed from my account.

As for this new Enom drop club, lol, why do you think they put the domains into your account only after 2:30 PST ? (the drop ends at 12pm), they have some 2 hours of time after the drop to pick and choose who gets what.

Oh well, at least it's only $99 dollars.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
eNom sent out a notice about Club Drop before they went live no?

Yes, they emailed thousands of eNom reseller account holders a full three weeks before the new Club Drop service went live. They probably had hundreds of signups before they even started the new service. Here's a copy of that email:

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:45:21 -0800
To: [email protected]
Subject: eNom's Club Drop - More

Club Drop

A new Club begins on April 1, 2003. The new service is a monthly subscription that gives zero click access to names returningto the available pool from the Redemption Grace Period. The subscription is $99 per month. This fee is exclusive of thedomain registration cost. The fee is non-refundable and we do not guarantee results.
To become a member for April, you must indicate your interest by Friday March 13.

Membership

Club Drop is designed to take advantage of domains that expire and are returned to the available pool. Here's how it works. You input a list of names on the members only Club Drop page at www.enom.com. You can input the list up to 1 hour beforethe drop time. eNom then attempts to register these names on your behalf using our finely tuned registry connections,connections from other registrars, high speed servers, and exclusive Club Drop software.

Please email me your interest today.

Matt Stearn
Vice President
eNom, Inc.
16771 NE 80th Street #100
Redmond, WA 98052
425-883-8860 x202
[email protected]
www.enom.com
"An ICANN Accredited Registrar"

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If You have not got any names with Your 10 CD account`s then You really are very UNLUCKY MAN! I get with my 2 account`s every day 1-2 names.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If You have not got any names with Your 10 CD account`s then You really are very UNLUCKY MAN!

He didn't say ANY names he said "UNWORTHY" names.
Apparently he is looking for offshore.com type names.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy

He didn't say ANY names he said "UNWORTHY" names.
Apparently he is looking for offshore.com type names.

Yes that maybe also true!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adill420
... Because just about any name that is caught through private clubs except SnapNames and maybe GoDaddy is someone who has intrest in expired domains. And as far as I know most of them come here.
You're hired. LOL! :D [/Joke]

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My beef with the Enom drop club is that they originally solicited for subsciptions with a deadline to indicate an interest.
They said you had to respond by a certain date to participate and then changed it and opened it up to everyone at any time. I thought it would be worth a shot if they had stayed with their original statement and the people who had made the deadline were the only ones in. Instead it turned out to be a ploy to encourage early subscriptions.

They've done this before with the reseller accounts. I'm one of the idgits that paid the $thousands to get the names at $6.95 and then they allowed the resale of tons of accounts that cost $100 to get the same rate.

They also did it during the LR2 when they said they would notify me well in advance (in writing 48 hours prior) of when they would open the registration period. This because I was in their top group of resellers. They ended up sending me an email 1 1/2 hours before launch. Of course I was out of town for the day and missed using them at all.

Bottom line is although their services are the best, they don't honor their agreements or statements, don't place much value on their resellers, and will change a policy against their promises for a few extra bucks. Not much integrity. Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom