Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A .marketing Domain - Your Thoughts?

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not worth reg fee

much better keywords available in that .whatever

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's regfee these days? The registration fee of the extension? .marketing is ~$30. Is it worth $30 or is that common phrase to use when regfee was in the ~$10 region?

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Biggie - Have any examples to your comments:

What are these 'much better domains' you speak of? Please feel free to show us what you mean with an example or 5 :)
Have you Never seen a domain similar (or of lesser quality) to this sell for $30+ before? I know I have ;) Even if I just jam it up on eBay I should get $30 - No?

There are many monthly searches for 'marketing companies' of all kinds, with nice pay-outs for clicks (ie: easy to brand with built in popular keywords imo.)
If there is no value in having keywords in a domain name, then what do you base your domain valuations on?

I appreciate the emotional response, however facts help in an appraisal for sharing knowledge, and not just an opinion. I should have been more clear in my post.
Thanks in advance for any background you can supply.

@David Walker - $30.00 @ GD after coupon code (~35% off) for .marketing domains.

I passed on taking 'lawyers' .marketing (now rego'd by someone else), as it was a 'smaller' market imo vs. 'companies .marketing' (which includes marketing companies for lawyers).
Which do you think is better?

Ultimately, if one believes such a name is only worth $30, then I can understand that too.

All the Best!

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Biggie - Have any examples to your comments:

What are these 'much better domains' you speak of? Please feel free to show us what you mean with an example or 5 :)

first, if I bought any of these names, I wouldn't be trying to get just my investment back

second, if I posted examples, they would be names that I would register myself.

still, an example would be a name like "streetlevel.marketing", something that relates to where a campaign would focus.

not the plural of a word that wasn't available, where the singular wasn't really a good match for the extension either.

but that's just my opinion

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, I've not found folks exactly beating down the doors with serious high offers for Marketers.Org or Companies.Net (not that I plan to sell either right now), so my guess is they probably won't be all that excited about companies.marketing, but I could be wrong. If you develop it and market it, perhaps. I'm here to tell you that is not exactly a trivial exercise.

To make a serious run at such things, your infrastructure costs alone will likely be in the thousands monthly, never mind the marketing costs needed just to get folks to understand what .marketing even is in a .com .net .org world... especially marketing folks, where it comes to technology, they can be an "interesting" breed.

I think that I have only registered one name from the plethora of new TLDs these days, and that one directly reflects the name of my .company, so it kind of made some sense, much in the spirit of having a vanity license plate. ;)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators