Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed "ab".com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

I get an offer for "ab".com (where a & b are short words).
I asked 100 but was offered only 15, then I answered him "not lower than 50!". "ab".(*- com) are still available, as well as "a-b".com.

Should I register "a-b".com in case my buyer (I ignore totally his criteria) could decide to register directly a lower domain instead than pay 50 ?:rolleyes:

F

Frenchie

Goh, Thanks for the good luck, but you know my weak english, so... what does mean " nope"?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Frenchie,

Nope is short for no hope. :)

F

Frenchie

OK Thanks both of you ... difficult to push prices high when you do'nt know uses ...

F

Frenchie

Thanks to all ... domainscot, is your last post English or French ? Because in French, "mince" means thin, slim ... but "mince alors !" means "good heavens !" (one of my former name, of course) ...

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ignore this buyer and their offer - not serious I think.
No idea of the value of the *ba* or *a-b* but your better off without them.
Offer the *ab* somewhere - and see what offers you get - $100 Min cause you already got an offer

F

Frenchie

Thanks DotComster ... I put "100" like an indice, to show proportions (real sum was higher than 100$; I believe it is a serious buyer). The only thing, when I said "not a lower price than ..." I blocked the negociation, in case the buyer refuse to go up ... then, the sale may be lost.

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How much more than '100' were you looking for? 200? 110? etc.
When I first started with domains I fully fell for that AfterNic appraisel crap, and brushed off a $3k offer. (NewtonianMechanics.com)
Now the name sits among the crickets with a $250 tag, gathering dust.....
:(

Also, turned down other offers... D'oh
(Flatterer.com,CrownOfGold.com,etc.)

F

Frenchie

Yes John, I understand from this forum that good times were gone, and that in a "supplyer market" the prices are pushed down. The difficult thing is to guess what's the upper price limit for the buyer, if he is "obliged" to buy this name, or if he gets alternatives ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators