Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Achtung.info German Appraisals

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you need it appraised if you are already in the process of selling it. Why do we have to be from Germany? Actung means Attention in German. Why would there be a need for info on that?

Sorry, I can't see much value. Good luck on the auction, though!

T

Tee

I was thinking the .info could explain what the attention! was for. Like a news site or a bulletinboard. Or a site issuing warnings about ... whatever. Its an extremely common german word. I've heard its common throughout europe but not sure on that.

The reason I'm asking for German appraisals is because they understand the usage of the word better than you and I. Also, the .info extension seems relatively popular and well liked in Germany and therefor a german speaking person living in Germany, my target, would give me the most helpful feedback I think. If they said the name had little value, I would take that more seriously than your appraisal - no offense. I'm just trying to get a feel for value from that definition, beyond the ebay auction, and beyond the two or so german speaking people I have shown it.

I guess I'm also just trying to draw more attention to the auction with the post here. Thanks for the well wishes regarding the auction.

Alex Ojideagu

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Achtung is quite a famous phrase, even in England.
It's often used in tabloid headlines when England play Germany at football too.

I think it's what Hitler used to announce when he was about to make a speech.

It's significant, especailly in England, because of the war. It's not just a word.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't U2 or someone put out an album called "Achtung, Baby"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators