Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Adsense CTR suddenly down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me, pretty much on par for where it has been. There is an increase in CTR (early in the month) but that is not unusual for me to see - niche site used by medical professionals with high usage at beginning and ending of month) although yesterday overall was very low in CTR (4.04%).

I can't really complain as I am coming off the best month ever in terms of revenue and CTR for this one particular site.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I m down as well, its not like the decline we experienced last 2-3 yrs but a lot more while traffic is higher.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone else? Just the last few days or so, seems to have dropped off a cliff. Traffic similar, rankings similar. Just curious..

You need to go back in time.

Here's how. If you have google analytics installed, use the "compare to past" option from the "calendar" at the right. It is very important that you set the dates right. Use those few critical days in one field, and then use the same number of days before the first critical has happened. Carefully review every single detail you can.

If everything seems more or less similar, I would say you are getting less relevant ads. Nothing else comes to my mind unfortunately...

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to go back in time.

Here's how. If you have google analytics installed, use the "compare to past" option from the "calendar" at the right. It is very important that you set the dates right. Use those few critical days in one field, and then use the same number of days before the first critical has happened. Carefully review every single detail you can.

If everything seems more or less similar, I would say you are getting less relevant ads. Nothing else comes to my mind unfortunately...

Thank Alex. I don't put analytics on every site, but that would be useful, yes. I do however track my daily income from each revenue source, as well as traffic. And just by looking at the channels, it's pretty easy to check the CTR for different time frames. I'm also leaning towards the ad relevance. Thinking it might have to do with their following peoples prior history to display ads which they recently started doing with their "behavioral targeting"

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I m down as well, its not like the decline we experienced last 2-3 yrs but a lot more while traffic is higher.

No, but it has been steadily improving again the last few months, at least for me. The decline in CTR seems to have been especially noticeable the last several days. Is that your experience also?

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The decline in CTR seems to have been especially noticeable the last several days.
Hopefully it bounces back. As I mentioned, my CTR yesterday was 4.04% which was horrible for this site. Today (thus far) 9.86%

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it bounces back. As I mentioned, my CTR yesterday was 4.04% which was horrible for this site. Today (thus far) 9.86%

You have some pretty Adsense optimized sites! On all my large sites it's below 1% (although it's not the only monetization form I use).

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEO traffic can fluctuate violently, in terms of both quantity and quality. My websites perform better on week days and miserable in weekends.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

I had over 24% CTR on Thursday, over 14% Friday.

See this thread as there may (may) be some connection.

http://www.dnforum.com/f73/google-unveils-new-domain-site-blacklist-tool-thread-449938.html

Wow.....I tried to optimize for CTR very hard but never succeeded in being higher than 3%. My average is about 1% - 1.5%. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

CTR > 10% is A LOT!!!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEO traffic can fluctuate violently, in terms of both quantity and quality. My websites perform better on week days and miserable in weekends.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Wow.....I tried to optimize for CTR very hard but never succeeded in being higher than 3%. My average is about 1% - 1.5%. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

CTR > 10% is A LOT!!!
I provide a service that people want and use.

I have a niche market and stick to markets that I am knowledgeable about.

And I promote it.

I do not send them to adsense ads but to relevant articles.

You can optimize a site. But are you optimizing the individual pages of that site?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Niche site(s).

Stick to a market and a subject you know.

Within that market, look for voids and fill them.

For May, I am at 12.45% CTR with a high CPC.

May will be the most $$$ I have made from this one site.

It also involves marketing. Look for non-traditional venues to promote (like Twitter, Facebook) without being too spammy.

Most of all, you must have a product or service people want and are looking for.

And a business model that brings back customers as well as attracts about 85% new users helps.

James Green

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WOW its really high!!!how you managed to get that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom