Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Adsense Revenue Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far today, 10 clicks totaling 28 cents? Been like this for a week now. Thats an average of about 2 cents per click. I dont like it at all, worse then sedo parking.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Siince April 1st, my reveune has dropped 40% of what it was doing in March. I will wait and see if comes back up to normal.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My earnings are down too - video games niche. Dunno wtf...

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, Easter bunnies ate that 40% ;)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My revenue is still fairly steady, all depends on what niche your in really.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With Yahoo gone for good, there is no alternative, you are just stuck.
They know it - and it is not going to get any better.

They get too many publishers to share the ads (the payout will keep going down)

We won't have to worry for long - google is coming up with another update that is going to clear out the vast majority of the bottom feeder websites. Those who went for 'mass development' and related duplicate content stuff are about to get a hard lesson in search engine reality.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We won't have to worry for long - google is coming up with another update that is going to clear out the vast majority of the bottom feeder websites. Those who went for 'mass development' and related duplicate content stuff are about to get a hard lesson in search engine reality.
Got a link to this information?

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, these are logical steps by Google, nothing surprising. Low quality content, mass developed sites needs to be killed. Nobody wants to see them, just as nobody wants to see parked pages.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, these are logical steps by Google, nothing surprising. Low quality content, mass developed sites needs to be killed. Nobody wants to see them, just as nobody wants to see parked pages.

It would be great to eliminate parked pages for ever!

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the SERPs they are mostly, next are the low quality sites.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My revenue is still fairly steady, all depends on what niche your in really.

Well, my sites are very high paying niches and I was doing quite well this year until April. Basicly $2 - $10 a click. Not sure whats going on in April to have it drop so low in earnings. My earnings drop has nothing to do with traffic or impressions (this month has been one of the highest impressions months for me). Its the RPC that is low!

Edit: I meant to say that my rates per click(RPC) was low. My CTR is higher then normal.

Last edited:

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, my sites are very high paying niches and I was doing quite well this year until April. Basicly $2 - $10 a click. Not sure whats going on in April to have it drop so low in earnings. My earnings drop has nothing to do with traffic or impressions (this month has been one of the highest impressions months for me). Its the CTR that is low!

Similar situation here. My adsense sites are typically high paying keywords (finance/consolidation/loans). Getting clicks here, just lower RPC so far this month.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Similar situation here. My adsense sites are typically high paying keywords (finance/consolidation/loans). Getting clicks here, just lower RPC so far this month.
Ditto. Niche sites are niche sites and if traffic and clicks are consistent month after month but revenue is not, gee...I think we have identified the problem.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Niche sites are niche sites and if traffic and clicks are consistent month after month but revenue is not, gee...I think we have identified the problem.

Whats the problem? I would think if YPN was gone, it would make companies bid higher on google to get a better spot as there is now more compition. I am looking at it wrong?

bobovia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"We have seen the economy and he is bust." Bobovia, April, 2010

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats the problem? I would think if YPN was gone, it would make companies bid higher on google to get a better spot as there is now more compition. I am looking at it wrong?

I considered that as well. No telling. Sometimes we jump to conclusions. Just have to wait and see what develops.

Perhaps G, being the only thing left dropped the percentage they pay us because they know they have a monopoly? Not that us mere mortals will ever know.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking at it wrong?
I guess you are looking wrong at me agreeing with south agreeing with you...savvy?

And, once again, I have to agree with South on the monopoly comment - if there are fewer playas, google can work both sides of the coin charging whatever they want to charge the merchant (and they will pay) and then big G paying us whatever schillings they want to throw our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators