Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Afternic Offering Landers without parking adverts

Rivmedia

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I personally think its a good move, nothing new in terms of uniregistry style landers but think the more platforms that offer a diverse landing page experience the better. Domain manage obviously have direct landers but don't have the reach as some of the bigger players, would be good to see Sedo heading in this direction.

Would you like to maximize your domain sales, but would prefer not to have parking advertisements? Now you can point your nameservers to NS3.AFTERNIC.COM and NS4.AFTERNIC.COM to seamlessly populate the Afternic For Sale Lander.

%7B2395df64-cef8-4c73-96d0-f2894e3033a8%7D_forsalelander.jpg

•Our sales team's main focus is to successfully engage buyers over the phone. From our experience we know this increases the close rate 300% compared to just email/web interactions alone.

•Every lead is contacted at least 4 times within the first 48 hours.

•Our experienced sales staff is available 24/7 to ensure no sale is missed.

•Setup is quick and easy.

We invite you to leverage the Afternic Sales Team to maximize your sales! It's easy, just set your nameservers at your registrar to NS3.AFTERNIC.COM and NS4.AFTERNIC.COM

Domain summit 2024

Rivmedia

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What is new? It's been like this for as long as I remember.

Oh really ? I've never noticed before with Afternic lol, Only reason I posted it was because I got an email from them a short time ago making out it was a new thing. ( hence the email quoted above )

Rivmedia

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's nice that places are finally catching up with what many of us have been doing for years ;)

I always forget you do it as well :D , must be because you're not constantly self promoting lol

Reaction score
Nah I gave up - plenty of people using it. Nobody pays lol.
Anyway I think it's the safest way to avoid potential legal battles and domain disputes now. Having third party adverts on a page could always potentially be 'gamed' to produce just the evidence someone wants to take a domain. I don't know if it's still the same but in the past you could search for a certain keyword on a parking site lander from various IPs and eventually those type of ads would be presented to a new visitor.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
parking without ads.... is like a hamburger with no fries and a shake

with ads, maybe I can earn enough ppc to buy a Happy Meal

:)

imo.....

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I turned all my domains that were not making at least reg fee in parking to those landers.

It's a little early to tell, but they say if they already get the buyer to the phone. The success rate is 300% higher than by email

https://www.afternic.com/forms/AfternicSalesAcceleration.pdf

As much as 40-60% of your domain sales could come from leads received through your domain lander. We have a sales team that is available 24/7 ready to engage buyers and close sales. Engaging with a buyer on the phone increases the close rate 300% over just email/web interactions.

eidomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you switch to NS3.AFTERNIC.COM and NS4.AFTERNIC.COM traffic is not recorded in parking stats.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainers like to follow fads.

landers got popular, so afternic figured they could pocket some extra $ from domainers ppc pages by implementing them

I mean, if your name doesn't get traffic, then who's gonna see your lander?

and, if you are getting visitors to your lander, then why couldn't those same visitors click on an ad?

I get plenty of visitors that click thru to my contact pages at PC, some of those visitors also click on ads.

just saying

imo....

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators