Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Aircraft names

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wildwillywright

I have a client who has registered the .com version of a vast number of aircraft designations (he's in the business jet sales field). Examples include...

146-100.com
bae125.com
citation2.com
embraerlegacy.com
falcon10.com
lear-31.com

Any idea of value each/as a set?

He also owns whatjet.com and jet-partner.com

Domain summit 2024

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quite honestly, their resale value is IMO zero since as soon as he tries to sell these names (all based on the trademarks/intellectual property of other companies) he is exposing himself to a bad faith lawsuit.

Right now, if he's in the airline industry and using the names to redirect to a site that offers to sell the products the names refer to, it's possible that a court might side with him if his use of the names is challenged - not guaranteed, but possible.

His best (safest) bet would, of course, be to register one or more descriptive (generic) aircraft-related domains and to use those in his business instead.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fist, he picked models which are no longer in production. The models referenced are not the particular manufacturers best models at that. Bombardier who owns Learjet will come after your client, if he uses the name, they will not send a C&D, they will file in Federal court (assuming your client is in the UK). Textron owner of Cessna will send a letter first, but they will file in Federal court also. Do not know much about General Dynamics the owner of Falcon Jet but, I can reasonably assure you they will also take you to court. It would be noteworthy to consider that all have a presence in Europe and depending on the particulars,may chose to file there. I have worked with Both Cessna and Bombardier on issues as such.
I am wondering if your client is familiar with the ACPA and most importantly good faith business practices?
Why would he register such names? Let the names expire!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
My MiGS.net will shoot down your falcon10.com :D

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators