Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed "alaneads"....most negative, sarcastic &

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Desi

irrational appraiser I've seen on this board. Just read thru his/her coments & appraisals and you'd see what I'm talking about; probably many of you already know what I've just noticed.

I understand that every one is entitled to have his/her opinion but I believe that if a "Senior Member" is consistently so negative other responsible members should at least try to make him/her realize that.

I don't know what I'd get in return for posting this but I guess if its about free speech then I've the right to say my opinion as well!

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Desi ... I can't speak for alaneads ... but I can say ... that is often hard to say anything positive about 95% of the names put up for appraisal ... they are junk.

Then you have the appraisers that use the "circle jerk" method ... and fall over each other to appraise each others names in a positive note.

In my opinion ... in most instances ... if you are putting a domain up for appraisal ... you should not have registered it.

Shaun

... the best appraisers are buyers ...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who cares? So he is a bad appraiser in your opinion, no need to call him out.

Don't take appraisals personally...just enjoy what the board has to offer...everyones opinion.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See the profile button under every post? Click that and then click "Add this user to my ignore list". This feature comes in very useful on this forum.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
See the profile button under every post? Click that and then click "Add this user to my ignore list". This feature comes in very useful on this forum.

thanks! I had no idea this feature was available. can't wait to see how my forum experience improves after some of the more "lowbrow" elements disappear from my view. :cool:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool

thanks! I had no idea this feature was available. can't wait to see how my forum experience improves after some of the more "lowbrow" elements disappear from my view. :cool:

C'Mon Kid! Give me another chance! :)

P.S. Good tip -RJ-, I had forgotten all about that fetaure myself. I don't think I will use it though. Sometimes the inane comments can be very entertaining.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want the real value of appraisals, the good and the bad are important!

A

alaneads

hahaha, I apoligize for posting the actual value of domain names in the appraisal section. I think I'll start adding $150 to the value of every domain, just to keep people happy!

A

alaneads

and just for the record, I'm going to give almost any .info, .us, .biz, a $0 value. Because unless its developed its worthless.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After just a quick look through alanads previous posts, I personally would say he has years of experience behind him. When you get a successful domainer willing to spend time on appraisals, you would do well to heed the advice. In looking over his appraisals I tend to agree with them.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by alaneads
and just for the record, I'm going to give almost any .info, .us, .biz, a $0 value. Because unless its developed its worthless.

Maybe this could work. I say we have alaneads (no offense) review every .info, .biz, and .us. We then we have a link from every one of his appraisals to a small list of faciliators that will offer to return the reg fees to a chosen few.

Of course, the owner will have to transfer said "$0 value" names to the facilitators.

Put me down as facilitator 1

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by aactive
... that is often hard to say anything positive about 95% of the names put up for appraisal ... they are junk.

Totally agree. I think 95% of the $ figures i give are $0.

Some people have a name with a good idea behind it, but most people here put the cart before the horse. The names that go for big bucks will be brought by someone with an idea who needs that name......not someone who sees a name and thinks, hey, i could do ABC with that.

Remember, its business idea first, domain name second (when someone is buying domains for end use).

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by alaneads

I think thats a little unfair.......infos suit some names very well. And i think .us should be thought about like penny shares.....you pick them up cheap, on the hope that some of those names will be worth something somewhere in the future.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
although I agree .info fits some areas, it will ALWAYS need so much work to make money that it is rendered nearly valueless considering how much of that effort will drive traffic to the dotcom.

A

alaneads

By the way, I thought this was a domain appraisal forum, not a bash alaneads forum!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I for one value your opinion alaneads, and am only commenting on the focus of this thread. It seems to have taken a twist to the .coms vs the new gTLDs.

I hold quite a group of .coms, but just because I would like to see those maintain their value, I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the current and future value of the other extensions.

I've said it before, most traffic does not come from typeins of .coms. Most of the public types a keyword into a search box and those search engines don't care if it's a .com or a .us.

Content is king and the search engines are your masters, whatever extension you prefer.

D

Desi

First of all, I've nothing personal against alaneads since he has not offended me by shooting any of my domains down (I have'nt listed any for appraisal).

I feel he's been negative and sarcastic due to his comments & appraisals like:

“sorry” “nah” “$0” “$5” “$10” “$0 for the domain” “nothing great so far” “yeah $0 resale” “not great” “$0.5” “sorry man its bad” ........

& the reason I felt he's irrational because of his appraisal for cars-review.com as "$500K"....check it out yourself!! :confused:

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

C'Mon Kid! Give me another chance! :)

P.S. Good tip -RJ-, I had forgotten all about that fetaure myself. I don't think I will use it though. Sometimes the inane comments can be very entertaining.

bwahaha. no duke i wouldn't put you on ignore. I would never put someone on ignore just because we didn't agree on a particular issue.

There are some people on this board who just can't accept the fact that dnforum is a civilization, and those few are now residing in my dnf "killfile".

:)

A

alaneads

“sorry” “nah” “$0” “$5” “$10” “$0 for the domain” “nothing great so far” “yeah $0 resale” “not great” “$0.5” “sorry man its bad” ........

& the reason I felt he's irrational because of his appraisal for cars-review.com as "$500K"....check it out yourself!! :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought that would fall under sarcastic?

so “$0” “$5” “$10” “$0 for the domain” “nothing great so far” “yeah $0 resale” “not great” “$0.5” “sorry man its bad”

Are bad responses? Did you look at the domains I was appraising? Did anyone disagree with me on those domains?

A

alaneads

BTW - I've seen people posting domains that are actually worth something for appraisal since this thread.... either people are scared of my .us appraisals, or people are getting some good domains :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom