Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed analog.us

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LtlPhysics

Analog is to digital as black is to white, but you guys already know that. Analog devices measure and digital devices count.

I got an email today from someone who wants to buy it, perhaps. What do you think it is worth? Thanks.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A solid one word domain. However not a word that is easy to make money from. Analog, is not something most people would type in (I'm too lazy to check Overture). And also I find it very hard to associate it with any specific money making industy. A bit too broad imo. However, it is still a good domain and you shold be able to pick up a few bucks for it.

Good luck!!

L

LtlPhysics

I did a search for analog and 4,220,000 hits came up. It certainly covers a lot of territory.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW!! 4,220,000 hits is a lot!! I was referring to type-in traffic in my post. Searches I did not bother with, as I explained why :) If 56k modems were still hot, it would be a nice domain for that. But we are moving away from analog into digital. I bet you know more about that industry than I do since you have the domain. BTW what were the guy offering you for the domain?

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wait, Analog may be staging a comeback

It's music-related, audiophiles, musicians, purist recording studio technicians, keyboardists, retro effect processor users as blues musicians and harp players.

If this was a .com it 'd be worth a pretty penny.
I didn't mean to throw namee at ya, just to make a point that analog is still around in some sectors.

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by IPatlas
Wait, Analog may be staging a comeback

It's music-related, audiophiles, musicians, purist recording studio technicians, keyboardists, retro effect processor users as blues musicians and harp players.

If this was a .com it 'd be worth a pretty penny.
I didn't mean to throw namee at ya, just to make a point that analog is still around in some sectors.

Hey, a kindred spirit.

That's exactly how it happened. Analog bass has that gentle mush when it over-drives the circuits making a natural compression-like sound. I have a mint Ampeg B-15 that was built before I knew how to play. The circuitry is all hand-soldered, and some of it probably needs to be replaced, but tube pre-amps, at least, are the way to go.

Have you ever been in an average sized room with a Hammond B3 and a 147 Leslie, both beat up with lots of scratch on the contacts. I spent about an hour with a guy that knew how to play it. The sound was amazing and I have never heard a simulation come close.

Of all of the new .xx extensions, I think .us will be a new benchmark, even if the economy fully tanks.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's also a sci fi magazine.

L

LtlPhysics

It's tough to appraise, huh? The person sent me another email, identical to the first.

I suppose, given its obvious applications, it must have some significant value. I got a letter today for buypower.us. The major extensions of both names have all been taken.

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by kvinsencius
WOW!! 4,220,000 hits is a lot!! I was referring to type-in traffic in my post. Searches I did not bother with, as I explained why :) If 56k modems were still hot, it would be a nice domain for that. But we are moving away from analog into digital. I bet you know more about that industry than I do since you have the domain. BTW what were the guy offering you for the domain?

We didn't get that far, so I have no idea what was on his/her mind. I said 30 grand would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators