Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Another one !!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very good keywords, nice domain
to the point:)

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Safesys, Better variations in fewer words may be possible, but are they available for registration ?

High Inventory count, massive market base, keyword domain, well pollinated in other TLDs. In all a winner !!

thanks,

Arvind

ok keywords, but extremely long. Gets some searches in overture, but then again its 4 words and I'd say that most are typing in the singlular not the plural. Reg fee only.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Type in traffic is good !! Over 2900 at Overture in May.

3 words : Flash Website Designs
4 words : Flash Web Site Designs

There are a substantial # of people who type Website,instead of web site.

I agree that FlashWebSiteDesign.com ( the singular version) is better. And yes, this domain falls in the 2nd tier, but is definitely more than $ 300.

Counting on the legions of flash designers/ web design companies to lap it up. When the market is huge and the domain is appealing & relevant, there is a very good chance of tidy profit.

funny definition of type in traffic, most people prefer to use stats/log files :)

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snoopy, I bought the domain 1 day ago. Overture type ins are just what i have.

I have no hosting/ web traffic monitoring in place right now. My domains are just parked with Enom.

If you have any suggestions/ techniques/ tools to measure type in traffic, do please tell us more about them.

there is only one way to measure type ins and that is to set up stats on your domain, search queries and actual traffic are two very different things.

T

telugu

windy babu get a web counter.that wud be helpful to show ur
site when u get offers and negotiate.set up some content and
submit links to atleast 3 or 4 engines.u"ll know what i mean.good luck babu.

there seems to be more and more reliance on overture stats to justify perceived value in this forum lately - and although its one more tool its not the holy grail.

type ins and vanity is where the money is - anything else is self delusion.

what's great in that name

it's of no value unless it is used as a website

my website http://www.flashcircle.com

has more than 5000 users visiting it every day

still the name was appraised for 10$ very cheap.

I can easily sell the website for more than 10000$

with the current traffic.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there seems to be more and more reliance on overture stats to justify perceived value in this forum lately - and although its one more tool its not the holy grail.

type ins and vanity is where the money is - anything else is self delusion.

Since most names have few if any type-ins, things like shortness, applicability, spelling, aesthetics, extension, etc. must be-- at least together-- more important than type-in traffic.

Actually I think I would prefer Overture to counter stats though. Once anything is put up as a site, other traffic factors come into play (search engines, bookmarks, links), distorting true type-ins. I wonder if there is a rough formula for translating Overture numbers to type-ins as a no-space-or-hyphen dotcom. It would probably stay true generally for one or two-word type-ins, dropping as you went to three-word, four-word, etc. On the other hand, one drawback of Overture is that singular and plurals are combined.

donny, you're talking about the difference between selling a domain name and selling a domain+goodwill. Very different things.

namedancer, link/se traffic is not the same as type in traffic. Type in traffic validates everything you mentioned re applicability, extension etc by way of it being a logical enough choice for people to just type in. That suggests either close association with the subject matter or widespread usage by other companies - both being good for sales value.

when people start using overture stats for contrived variations of their domain name (e.g. where their domain is .noncom and has hyphens and weird plural/singular mix) then it shows a lack of understanding as to how overture stats can relate to domain value.

Ov stats just seem to be the latest craze to try and hold up domain values - but the real benchmark is and will remain what end users will actually pay for them. And they buy based on vanity and/or traffic not se stats.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when people start using overture stats for contrived variations of their domain name (e.g. where their domain is .noncom and has hyphens and weird plural/singular mix) then it shows a lack of understanding as to how overture stats can relate to domain value.

Couldn't agree more on this :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
And they buy based on vanity and/or traffic not se stats.

Absolutely correct. Domains are only a means to an end. You can make whatcamaycallit.con make money and have high traffic with the right strategy. Vanity helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom