Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Any good books out there on SEO anyone can recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainHull

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking for a good book on SEO. If there's one someone would recommend it would be much appreciated =D

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Join DNF College, Adam does a great job with that and so many learn a lot there. I've thought of joining myself since nobody taught me so many things I needed to know when I was a beginner

Also watch his theArtoftheName.com videos, they're great too, I always do

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most books will be out-dated by the time you get them. Here's a decent introduction: http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

SEO books are like college text books, the next semester, they're worthless cause there's a new edition... That's a Ponzi scheme done by the school and publisher though.

SEO books on the shelves stay there, because once they finally go to print (in some cases it can take up to 18 months to go to distribution), the algorithms and the way things work are all different. If you follow SEO advice from 2008 and implement it now, be prepared to be sandboxed.

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
If you register yourself to the top SEO news blogs you have the chances to get the best info all over. If you get a book, next week you might get a new one because other SEO guy could come out with a better solution.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't Make Me Think - by Steve Krug

Before you even think about SEO, you need to make sure that your site is navigateble. Anything else fails even before you get to the SEO.

Don't Make Me Think should be required reading for anyone getting into site building, engineers, and design principles in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom