Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Any Ideas

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
15 USD maybe

Its a cybersquatted domain name with the only value being to the organisation whos goodwill you are looking to profit from.

Marco

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are plenty places in the world named Newcastle, example UK and Austrailia most of which will have a college.

The one in UK already owns the .co.uk, what do you think a fair price would be?

Well, putting aside that squatting point, and assuming any intersted party conlcude they don't have sufficient rights to sue or statr udrp proceedings - it would be their root name, so you would be looking at over $1,000. The amount over depends on the number of interested parties you have (as its a very limited potential audience and academics can hold very non commercial views on things like domain names).

Marco

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing that I thought would give it value is college's such as Newcastle College in the UK do list options such as Business Consultancy & Services to Business as well as appealing to Overseas Students.

I thought that the .com would enable it to be widely noticed as it is tartgeting the overseas market instead of it just being regognised for its UK base though .co.uk.

I know that most educational estblishments would probably not actively promote a .com site however this particular college is highly targeted towards commercial services.

As far as I am aware, they would not be able to sue due to the domain being a place name and not owned directly by the college.
The name could apply to other colleges than just the UK based one.

One other question I did have was, could another locally situated college buy the name to direct to the traffic to it's own site or are there regulations protecting this.

Many thanks for the advice

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators