Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Anyone care to help me appraise these?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smirkley

I am currently starting some development on a domain cluster I have aquired. I am in the manufacturing industry biz, which is why I started assembling this cluster.

These domains represent the Industrial Automation and MRO industry. They are all generic and industry specific. This is a big industry, most domains are full keywords, with exception to MRO and PLC, which are common acronyms to the equipment industry. None are trademarked terms.

www.AutomationAve.com - The 'Root' domain

www.goMRO.com - being developed as an industry specific search engine

www.AutomationBid.com - internet auction forum

www.AutomationCatalog.com - soon to be an equipment shopping-cart style site

Domains currently available for term lease to my visitors

www.AutomationSupport.com
www.MotionSupport.com
www.RemanAutomation.com
www.RepairAutomation.com
www.SurplusAutomation.com
www.PLCsupply.com
www.RemanPLC.com
www.RepairPLC.com
www.SurplusPLC.com
www.AutomationBuyer.com
www.AutomationSeller.com
www.AutomationLocator.com

One more un-developed domain...

www.AutomationHardware.com

I have been slowly developing these as time permits, over the last few months, and am beginning to get an average of 50k hits per month with an average of 1k unique visitors per mo according to my log stats. The search engines are starting to position them well on keyword searches. IE - google search 'modicon auction' or 'allen bradley auction' (common brand names of popular related equipment) and www.AutomationBid.com ranks in the top 4. Pretty good for what little promoting or submitting that has been done.

So, I am looking for unbiased value feedback. Anyone care to offer their appraisal as a whole cluster or on individual domains? I could guess that many of you are not involved with the Manufacturing Equipment Industry, so I would understand if you were unfamiliar with the industry terminology.

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very industry specific. You probably know the automation industry better than us.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry
very industry specific. You probably know the automation industry better than us.

True,
and you also know your customers that's very important in determining value. uniques and search engine positioning is good, keep at it. As a rule of thumb - 2 years revenue (or rent) is what a domain might be sold at.

S

smirkley

I was wondering, is it better to own a cluster, for valuation, or just singles?

Does anybody consider these to be generic enough, even though they are industry specific?

Any suggestions on their current valuation?

Thanks

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
undeveloped...$0 resale

S

smirkley

Thanks again

They have been hard for me to valuate, although I am not planning on selling them. I have used the appraisal-bots around different sites on the web, but the results are very widespread and usualy based on my biased information and feelings.

I appreciate the offer for the automation names, but I currently am only looking for generic automation service related descriptive names, to complement what I already have.

S

smirkley

OK, I have enjoyed building this website cluster of mine, and chose the names due to relevence and availability.

Now I have a question, obviously a rookie question. Not being of the domain traders club, I have to ask.

What is Overture? I went to overture.com, but found no tools to help me determine any of the stats I have read on this forum.

Anyone care to clue me in?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators