Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Anyone else getting badgered by Webhold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn, this guy won't take no for an answer. Keeps emailing me trade offers...I say no and he responds that it must be an oversight...christ...I have 4 PMs telling to me "rethink" the trade after I said no 4 frickin times....and then insults me by calling me a used car dealer when I won't trade him the domain...

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Easy one, put him on your ignore list. You won't receive anymore PMs.

You might want to tell him of your actions too :)

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He was professional with me in our transaction.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is topnames tried selling two domain names way over high resale value to a dnf forum customer. I pointed out details with the free appraisal tool posted on dnf that his asking prices were high, with my trade taken into consideration. Who wants to buy a yugo for the price of a cadillac. I countered offered at the low retail range -- much above wholesale and he got sore about and said no. This was all done with the private messaging service.

I do not have time for low level business dealings. If it was the reverse I would have either countered offered or just ended it.

Prices way over high retail is offensive. Guess he thought he was dealing with a rookie and not a CFO of a 50 million dollar company. Hello

top names has now been put on my ignore list.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This ahole can't take no for an answer. He PMed me offering his ZUW set and a few of his crappy names for Namepros.com AND NDZ.com. He thinks the appraisal's in the appraisal forum are the real value. This is his offer:

Domain Name: namepros.com
Google Hits: 571
Market Rating: 3.0 (0.0 - 5.0)
Length: 8
Extension Rating: 5.0 (0.0 - 5.0)
Length Rating: 4.0 (0.0 - 5.0)
Popular Rating: 1.0 (0.0 - 5.0
Composite: 3.56 (0.00 - 5.00)
High Retail $: $1,250.00
Low Retail $: $937.50
Wholesale$: $281.25

I told him 3 times I have a 1.5K offer on namepros.com and I would not sell it to him....but he insisted it was worth less...over and over and over.

CFO of a 50 million dollar company

Now that is funny...what a douche :)

By the way, he told me we was going to visit me...I'll put his beating on Brawl.com for all to see. :D

I Think we have another DomainSage or CEO-IOS wannabe

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yay, after the staged recent fight of Mike Tyson, some real violence :D

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea...I could resell the video, buy his 50 million company and fire his ass :)

50 million my hairy ass...$50 company maybe...he is the voice on his own voice mail....what kind of 50 million company has the owner record the voice mail...MHAWWW

I'll take a bet Greg makes him the first Paid member to get booted...any takers?

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I offered to come visit you to save the business relationship, because this is what is most important. I have your threating voice mails on my home telephone in Illinois. This will be your demise.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL...my demise....LOL

I just said PLEASE come visit me....PLEASE PLEASE

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lats
Easy one, put him on your ignore list. You won't receive anymore PMs.

I suggested this to TopNames too, before this public posting, so I will suggest it again.

TopNames - Use the ignore button.

:cool:

Now back to business.

:D

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold
The bottom line is topnames tried selling two domain names way over high resale value to a dnf forum customer.

Wrong....he contacted me...I didn't try to sell him anything..besides, I can sell a domain at any price I want. I wasn't trying to sell either at a resale price...I want end user prices on these 2 domains.

I pointed out details with the free appraisal tool posted on dnf that his asking prices were high, with my trade taken into consideration.

I didn't realize I had to adhere to the forums appriasals
If this is true, MikeMike has to sell browns.com for $50

I countered offered at the low retail range -- much above wholesale and he got sore about and said no.

I told him I had a 1.5K offer, and he insisted on offerng less...over and over

Prices way over high retail is offensive. Guess he thought he was dealing with a rookie and not a CFO of a 50 million dollar company..

LOL

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zoobar

Thanks for the kind words. I am a professional all the way around. Whoever has done business with me can tell you that it was 100% professional.

I never have done business with time change, and in fact told him in a post he had nice names. I'm not sure what he could have against me.

I got crapped on for showing someone their price was higher than retail and by counter offering a low retail price in return, over wholesale.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Showing me my price was higher than retail? Hey moron, I have an offer for 1.5K, so why would I take less? I told you no 4 frickin times...are you stupid or just an ass? Did you think by badgering me I would just say yes?

I have spent thousands on this forum...people know me and people know I'm honest...you however are a wildcard...I bet you spent less than $50 here...

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way...I give you a free name to be nice and you jump in for him Zoo?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every domain is unique. There's no guaranteed method of saying what is a "fair" price -- it's all up to the market, buyer and seller, and negotiations.

I once sold a name that was Letter-Letter-Number.com for $10,000 (i.e. 3 characters, but junk), as I knew that the buyer had the .net/org/biz/info, and desperately wanted the .com as it was their company name. Charge what the market will bear. :)

And if you can't strike a deal, that's fair....no one is compelled to accept an offer. I can say "I won't sell Kirikos.com for a million dollars" (my surname) Others might think that's crazy, but it's my choice, as the owner.

(if anyone wants to offer me a million dollars, though, I'll take it) :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com
Anyone else getting badgered by Webhold?

If you call receiving multiple offers on your domain names that are extremely low badgering, then we have all been badgered by someone.

I think WebHold understands that you will not budge on your price now, so let's all move on.

Thanks!

:D

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We had a good transaction. I thought it was relevant to the thread so I shared my experience with you.

Sometimes a deal is to be had, sometimes not.

Topnames may be looking for a price higher than you think worth, but as domain owner, he does have that right. Ken is no rookie himself and his prices (wholesale and retail) are in line with what I would expect. I too have names that I will only sell high retail, so I do see his side this arguement.

Time to let this thread die and move on.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold

I never have done business with time change, and in fact told him in a post he had nice names. I'm not sure what he could have against me.

Sorry for my post, I did add a smiley and the extremity of it was meant to be taken as a joke (as if one would be crucified etc for simply being annoying).

So I removed my posts; enough misunderstandings for one day.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Moving on" sounds real good!! :D
Hey, March 2nd is right around the corner now.
Good Luck.
:cool:

PS. George ... I'll give you $25K Paypal for it TONIGHT! OK? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators