Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Anyone Got A Pure 3 Letter .com With Snap??

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if any one ever were able to snap back a pure 3-letter .com with Snap Names eg. ABC.COM? I have had ZERO success on 5 attempts. Is it worth it? I was told from an insider that it was a waste of time and money to Snap Back pure 3-letter .coms. But that was like 6-8 months aga. I just want to know if there has been any changes since then.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brujah
Snapnames has missed a lot of my snapbacks. I'd say my own record with them is more like 2 out of 10 names.

Brujah, are you talking about pure 3-letter domains or any domain in general?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that. But they all looked like .nets to me. No .coms :)

I've never got one myself, but I also stopped trying for them (with snap) a long time ago. I swear I've seen a couple true three letter .com drops go to Snap registrars before though - let me look through the records and see if I can see anything.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by grabby
I've never got one myself, but I also stopped trying for them (with snap) a long time ago. I swear I've seen a couple true three letter .com drops go to Snap registrars before though - let me look through the records and see if I can see anything.

Let me know what you can dig up Grabby. I'm really curious. Good luck with your hunting!! :)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys it's pure statistics

If you run a list of domains with one name you have a chance.

If you run a list with 50 or 100 domains or more like snap your chances are almost non-existent.

Although you can weight lists to give a name more juice it still is in the numbers and sometimes dumb luck.

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many 3 letter .coms have been Snapped. They used to post
their success list as I'm sure you know. I'm sorry but I've
deleted it. I'm sure someone will provide examples.:)

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. I had no clue they had such success in obtaining pure 3-letter .coms. By the way, how and where did you get a list of the 3-letter .coms back ordered by SN?

In other words, would you consider it worthwhile backordering a pure 3-letter .com today?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>In other words, would you consider it worthwhile backordering a pure 3-letter .com today?

kvinsencius, if I was aware of a 3-letter .com that looked unlikely to be renewed, I certainly would put a Snap on it 'cause by chance they might get it if it drops. But I would also have a few more irons in the fire at drop time.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Fizz!!

I'm currently monitoring 4 3-letter .coms. All expiring this month. All are really good. Nothing like qxt.com. No, these contains vowels and could easily be the abbreviations for a lot of stuff. I was thinking of using Snap Names as my back up for all of them (used only one so far). But before paying them the remaining 3*69, I just wanted to see what the success rate has been like here. Also I don't want to use my current snaps on them. They are already spoken for :)

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By the way, how and where did you get a list of the 3-letter .coms back ordered by SN?

SnapNames used to list their acquisitions on site. They would
update the list every two weeks or so. They had a Top 100 list and the complete list. I used to file each update but I've lost interest and deleted everything. Maybe ask Whois-Search. He seems pretty well dialed in.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MBZ
By the way, how and where did you get a list of the 3-letter .coms back ordered by SN?

SnapNames used to list their acquisitions on site. They would
update the list every two weeks or so. They had a Top 100 list and the complete list. I used to file each update but I've lost interest and deleted everything. Maybe ask Whois-Search. He seems pretty well dialed in.

I was familiar with that list too. But that took that list off long time ago. I don't ever recall seeing a pure 3-letter .com there.
But I could be wrong...

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stop cracking your heads with drop worries and unanswered questions - Bring On The WLS!

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah Mole, what is the latest on WLS? No matter what ICANN decides, I think it will go through. Even if ICANN says no, Verisign will override that decision and go ahead. Especially now, when there have been talks to neutralize the power of ICANN. Personally, I'm not really in favor of WLS. It will only make the big players bigger. If I was one of them, I would probably have a different opinion :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, the Verigate affair. Politics, politics, politics. Now the FTC is investigating Verisign. What next, Iraq takes over ICANN? It appears that WLS will just be dumped on us, but what do I know?

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whatever happens the same people that get the names now
will get the names then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators