Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Appraisal requested for SchoolFurnishing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SchoolFurnishing.com is a domain i'm going to pitch to endusers.

But, firstly I would like to learn how the word 'Furnishing' relates to 'Furnishings' and 'Furniture' in this domain in order to help me set a reasonable enduser price. Would you -as an enduser- prefer 'School Furnishing', 'School Furnishings' or 'School Furniture'?

A brief search on the internet tells me 'furnishing' is generally used in the singular sense.

Lastly, what would you ask an enduser for this domain?

Thanks in advance!

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
school furniture, is best

but most most schools in general probably purchase furniture thru "competive bidding" process, unless they already have a supplier

if i was end-user, wouldn't jump at opp to buy it.

"school furnishing" could be perceived as "building or contructing them", than opposed to selling school furniture

imo...

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I noticed most companies use furniture or furnishings in the domain. I will give it a shot and keep your feedback in mind when pricing the domain.

Thanks!

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'll have to excuse me for asking, Jeroen ... I've read many of your DNForum posts--which are always in flawless, well written English--but I don't know which European country you hail from. This thread is my first clue that English may not be your first language. (If it is, I apologize; I certainly don't mean any offense.)

"School Furniture" suggests desks and tables and chairs.

"Home Furnishings" brings to mind interior decorating--not only tables and chairs but sofas, carpets, drapes, and ornamental cushions.

"Furnishing" is most often used as a verb.

To me SchoolFurnishing.com doesn't sound idiomatic. SchoolFurnishings.com would be a bit more recognizable--rather like a pun on "home furnishings". But SchoolFurniture.com is by far the most concrete.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks IA, I appreciate the comments.

English is not my mother tongue; I'm from The Netherlands, the place often referred to as 'Holland' where people speak Dutch and women are beautiful.

I always have an American English Dictionary on my desk and often check online but in this case I wasn't sure. The domain will probably be left for what it's worth...

Thanks!

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought you might be from the Netherlands--oddly enough--because your English is impeccable, and I remember being astounded by the Dutch ability with languages during a very very brief trip to Amsterdam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators