Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

closed Appraisals

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Soooo....if you post a name here for appraisal, and nobody bothers..does that mean the name sux?

IWA Meetup

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not always.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, not a lot of our members care to appraise. So if your name does not attract the attention you expected, at least you know it is not something people would fight just to place their bids. ;)

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stinos said:
indeed, i don't think most of the members like to appraise names

It drives me nuts too.. everyone always wants their domains appraised, but then they don't take the time, and be courteous enough to appraise others.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's just that usually nobody wants to start. Once there is a post you are sure to get more appraisals. My opinion.

If the name is really good, then the above does not apply :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
daddypi said:
It drives me nuts too.. everyone always wants their domains appraised, but then they don't take the time, and be courteous enough to appraise others.
Sadly, this seems to be the case for some. :( HOWEVER, it may also reflect that peer appraisal *may* NOT be the most useful model. We have seen it before with the "old" Afternic appraisal forum (those who have been around long enough should remember) that was more a joke than anything else. The bottom line is: who has the qualification to appraise?

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Sadly, this seems to be the case for some. :( HOWEVER, it may also reflect that peer appraisal *may* NOT be the most useful model. We have seen it before with the "old" Afternic appraisal forum (those who have been around long enough should remember) that was more a joke than anything else. The bottom line is: who has the qualification to appraise?
I'm not sure who's qualified.

Professional appraisals are often a rip off, as they over inflate the values by a drastic amount.

Peer appraisals are sometimes done, by people who have no clue whatsoever as to the value.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think at times, good domains dont get apparaised because the market of a certain domain maybe require very specific knowldege, such as for niche markets.
At other times, the name is good, but people are scared to put a price on it, in the event they are off.
Once a person makes a start, then it gets more posts.
posts attract posts :)

Garry Anderson

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not appraise, mainly because:

1) I am not qualified - my opinion differs greatly from the more experienced here.

2) I do not want to be involved in raising/lowering expectations of owner - which may either (a) make them lose a sale when negotiating with a potential buyer or (b) lose them lot of money - both negatives.

domainfaith.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love to appraise because each time I am appraising I am using a few appraisal patterns and I have more knowledge after that in this domain name area. The apprasials are giving me good ideas too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators