Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Appraise these domains and gain points!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

...so that you can spend them at Dan's avatar bazaar! :D

ATROPHIC.COM
PERINEUM.COM

BLOOPER.ORG
COMMOTION.ORG
FLATULENCE.ORG
MELANCHOLIC.ORG
SELECTIVE.ORG
STUPOR.ORG
SCYTHE.ORG

Yes most are ORGs but they are all dictionary words.

Domain summit 2024

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol timechange nice marketing tactic :D

ATROPHIC.COM - $100
PERINEUM.COM - $100

BLOOPER.ORG - $150
COMMOTION.ORG - $150
FLATULENCE.ORG $80
MELANCHOLIC.ORG - $70
SELECTIVE.ORG - $180
STUPOR.ORG - $60
SCYTHE.ORG - $60

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Being a dictionary word doesnt mean much, if it is unspellable and rarely used. How can you market "onawanalockoclapia.com".
Tell the buyer its in the dictionary, so he should give a ton of money for it?

So wether in the dictionary or not, it shouldnt be a determining factor in its value. Anyway:

SELECTIVE.ORG - $100-$250
COMMOTION.ORG - $75-$125
^^These are my favorites.

While the others I dont find having much resale value. For instance, FLATULENCE.ORG ....
Who would want to make a site about excessive gas?
Not to mention it is a dot org.

And the two dot coms, I dont know what they mean therefore I will not appraise.

FLATULENCE will occur after long STUPOR due to MELANCHOLIC COMMOTION. Not a BLOOPER; the dark reaper and his SCYTHE will be SELECTIVE grabbing your ATROPHIC PERINEUM :D

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
^^Yea, those sentences arent streched at all.

It was a joke :D
But this doesn't change the fact these are dictionary words. They are not even medical terms (well, perineum is) :D

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not to single you out timechange, as I know you're smart and talented, but I am completely amazed at how much time people spend touting and appraising and asking for opinions on...lousy dictionary words.

Dictionary words. That's all you ever hear from people with lousy names.

"It's a dictionary word." Might as well add a thought balloon: "And I can't give 'em away."

At the risk of sounding like an ass-whole, let me repeat that the best and fastest way to make money in the domain market is to actually go and make an offer on a good name, and then flip it.

Drop and scraps and "dictionary" words are a complete waste of time.

Go to Overture, find the top 20 names in every category (start with adult, as the numbers are always high) and go down the list to about 19 or 20, and offer the owner $500, $1000 or whatever. Keep doing that until someone says "Okay."

Then turn around, contact the people who own the most lucrative (adult) names, and either start feeding them traffic, or sell them the domain.

Bam. Instant cash.

Yes, you must have the money to risk in the first place. Design a website for someone, get a paper route (even you adults ;), serve annoying fellows like me at your local bistro...WHATEVER.

Get that $500, find a gold domain, and buy it. There are always domain owners, moment-to-monent, who need to sell names. Most won't for cheap. Find the one, and you can make $4-$5k in no time. This ain't no infomercial, it's the way it works.

Of course, you're risking real money. Most people would rather risk huge amounts of their own TIME (rather than money) chasing that one storm cloud (er, lottery) when the bolts collide and StupidDomain.com finds that $10,000 buyer. This always amazes me!

The drop game is now for idiots. I myself profited from drops, especially in the last 6 months. Now, it's different. So much energy wasted with scripts and lists only to meet the Verisign behemoth's clogged pipe and dozens of super-talented Koreans and domain legends who are eminently more suited to getting that name than you.

You want to be ahead of the game, not in the middling. Get some guts, guys, put out some cash, and reap the benefits.

Disclaimer: This rant not aimed directly at the super-talented "Timechange" but at lazy domain chatters in general. There's money to be made, but it's not where most of you are pouring your energy!

Very good advice, especially for any aspiring domain 'super-brokers' out there :D

I am doing this as a 'hobby' - although my wife sees it as a waste of time and money :D so I cannot claim I am swimming with the big 'fish'.

When I had the ideas, circa 1995, I had no money. Now that I have the money, the market has collapsed. Oh well, at least I am not collecting stamps still :D

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Very well said DnPowerful. I agree completely.

I have been emailing companies for 2 years for that special domain. But none seem to accept. I am not offering anything astounding, but definitely not chump change for just a domain name.

30k - ads.com
20k - HipHop.com (supposedly has turned down offers of 100k)
10k - webhost.net
5k - adz.com
5k - hiphop.net
1k - banner.net

Just a couple of the many offers I sent, that have all been declined or never even replied to.
:cry: I know im cheap. But for fucks sake. Spending a few thousand on a domain that has $0 income, until I decide to build it and spend hours a day for months marketing it.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes.
But nowadays im not intrigued with making offers.
Rather just take my chances with picking up some semi-good domains.

I mean I still drop offers here and there to recently purchased domains. Like if someone registered a domain two days ago, and its a blue chip name. I'll email him, and see if he wants to unload it real quick for 1/8 of its actual value. :cry:

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's a "pathetic" and "laughable" idea for you, timechange:

Perineum.com - Maybe you could write a short, 10 page e-book on perineum massage techniques to sell to pregnant women, their husbands, and mothers. The pregnancy market is HUGE and always growing.

(NOTE: You may think this is ridiculous, but women who massage their perineum in the last six weeks of pregnancy usually tear less, have less stinging pains, heal faster, and are much less likely to get an episiotomy.)

$0-$10 for just the domain name.

The rest have little or no commercial and resale value.

Good luck,
Chris

Thanks. I'd rather sell it to a medical field company for a few hundred bucks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators