Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Article submission - just to one good article site, or to multiple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacal1

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't understand why someone would submit the same srticle to many article submission sites - sure it adds more links, but doesn't the penalty for duplicate content affect how well those articles perform? Best to submit to only one? Only a small few? Still submit to many?

Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it hurts the linked site as much as it hurts the article directories themselves. Just think logically, you could crush your competitors with ease.

They have the duplicate content problem, not you. The worst that could happen is to not get credited for those backlinks, then it's a waste of time of course.

jacal1

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering - if I only submit to 1 article submission site, might I end up with one article in excellent SE position, rather than 10 articles with fair to poor position?

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EzineArticles.com is the grand daddy of article directories. If I would have to choose between 20 so-so and that one, I would have to choose 20 so-so... :D

Just kidding, depends on what you want to achieve. Are you looking to utilize article marketing to purely build backlinks, or to drive traffic primarily? If traffic, ezinearticles.com will give you the best results since they're the largest.

If you're after backlinks primarily, make some variations and submit to more.

If you already know for which keyphrase you want to rank, then there's no reason to feed the article directories with all that traffic, make your own page and build backlinks to it. Most of the SE traffic that ends up on ezines either goes away somewhere or stays there to browse more. CTRs are not that great actually. But, some of their own traffic might end up at your site, so that's always good.

Another good thing about submitting to more article directories is that your article might be re-published on more websites with a linkback to your site. Plus the traffic of course.

The more article directories you target, greater the chance. It doesn't matter, do-follow or no-follow, mix it all up for best results. Like everything else, you need to know what you're doing and adjust your strategy based on that.

anuj291

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can rewrite the original article and post to other directories...

Article directories are one place where many autoblogs get their content from... so they not only pick your content but also your link... so you get many more links

post to ezine, goarticles, articlebase, articledashboard

mariapbonner

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe that articles should be unique. So, 1 article should be submitted to only 1 site/acticle submission site not to more than 1 site.

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think one article should be submitted to 1 dofollow site it will be considered as quality link ,and it will help in ranking .

James-A

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you submit the same article in multiple websites, then that will be considered as content duplication. Therefore, it is important to submit one article to one directory. It is important to submit articles in authoritative directories that receive good amount of incoming traffic in order to get the best results.

seoexperttools

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
^ But as explained above, it "should not" affect your site but affect the article sites themselves because they allow the duplicated content to be posted on their sites. If you can just get someone penalized by blasting thousands of duplicated articles then it would be too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators