Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Article writer/poster for gaming website needed! Easy job. Read description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am good for this. Please contact me.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should post about the new Carmageddon: Reincarnation which is in development with a tentative 2012 release date.

The original game pretty much created its own genre.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should post about the new Carmageddon: Reincarnation which is in development with a tentative 2012 release date.

The original game pretty much created its own genre.

Carmageddon was awesome indeed. :) I might do an article about it some time in the future.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A new one? Awesome! Loved the game!

Yeah looking forward to it. It's been like a 14 year long break between drinks pretty unbelievable they're doing another one.

I'm quietly hoping it's a huge success so that other developers follow suit and remake tons of older games.

A similar type of game was Interstate '76 did you also play that game?

Carmageddon was awesome indeed. :) I might do an article about it some time in the future.

What do you mean "might" where is the passion for your site, it would be a disservice to your audience not to post about it! jokes jokes :)

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah looking forward to it. It's been like a 14 year long break between drinks pretty unbelievable they're doing another one.

I'm quietly hoping it's a huge success so that other developers follow suit and remake tons of older games.

What do you mean "might" where is the passion for your site, it would be a disservice to your audience not to post about it! jokes jokes :)

Well, honestly I'm more into 80's and early 90's games. Carmageddon was released in the late 90's and I don't really think it's retro enough. :)

I'm really more of a C64, Amiga, NES, SNES, Genesis and arcade guy. ;)

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL showing your age! I only started getting into gaming in the late 90's.

Anything before than would have had primitive graphics anyway ;)

Seriously though, any game that basically created a genre deserves discussion on a retro gaming website.

It's like talking about FPS's and forgetting to talk about Doom, Quake, or Duke Nukem 3D.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL showing your age! I only started getting into gaming in the late 90's.

Anything before than would have had primitive graphics anyway ;)

Seriously though, any game that basically created a genre deserves discussion on a retro gaming website.

It's like talking about FPS's and forgetting to talk about Doom, Quake, or Duke Nukem 3D.

Well, yeah, I'll consider it. :)

Haha, yeah you might be younger than me then. I got my first Commodore 64 when I was six, which was back in 1988. The C64 still rocks and I still use it occasionally. ;)

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ohhh boy. Now the truth comes out. I think you should stick to not updating your site.

It's possible you will brainwash a new generation and they will never learn about good games from yesteryear. ;)

So you liked platform games... I guess they weren't all bad.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ohhh boy. Now the truth comes out. I think you should stick to not updating your site.

It's possible you will brainwash a new generation and they will never learn about good games from yesteryear. ;)

So you liked platform games... I guess they weren't all bad.

In 10 years from now I might do a Carmageddon article, as it will be retro by then. ;)

Anyways, platformers are awesome. You should really go download a C64 and an Amiga emulator (WinUAE) if you have never checked out those two particular home computers. When the Commodore Amiga 500 came out in 1987 it was years ahead of all other console/computers at the time.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I owned a C64 one of my favorite games on it was Paperboy.

Paperboy is cool, but I prefer the arcade version. My favorite on the C64 are the "Last Ninja" series. Dang.. All this talk made me want to fire up a C64 emulator right now. :)

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No, never got around to it unfortunately.

Any ROTT players here? I played this for hours on end
http://www.3drealms.com/rott/

They released the source a while back also: ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/source/rottsource.zip

After reading this thread earlier, went looking for carmageddon in my backups... Found it! Making a note to dig around the office for a 3dfx card :)

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Well, yeah, I'll consider it. :)

Haha, yeah you might be younger than me then. I got my first Commodore 64 when I was six, which was back in 1988.

Young whippersnapper

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, never got around to it unfortunately.

Any ROTT players here? I played this for hours on end
http://www.3drealms.com/rott/

They released the source a while back also: ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/source/rottsource.zip

After reading this thread earlier, went looking for carmageddon in my backups... Found it! Making a note to dig around the office for a 3dfx card :)

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Young whippersnapper

Rise of the Triad was awesome indeed. Played it a lot. :)

BTW, if you want to play the copy of Carmageddon you found all you need is DOSBox. :)

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I am good for this. Please contact me.

Your PM box is full. I've also sent you a couple of e-mails. Thanks.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I figured this out today through GOG.com which is a digital distribution website dedicated to old games (also discovered this website today).

Been a good day :)

Most of the games at GoG are available freely on different abandonware sites. The only difference is you need to run most of them in a DOS emulator (DOSBox as mentioned above). GoG is a very convenient way though, for those not tech-savvy, to play some of the games from the past who aren't compatible with newer OSes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom