Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Article writer/poster for gaming website needed! Easy job. Read description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ohhh ok... so do you basically have to download the game, open DOSBox and run the executable game file to play the game in the DOS environment?

it's been so long since i have used DOS, i am not sure i can even remember how to do that.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ohhh ok... so do you basically have to download the game, open DOSBox and run the executable game file to play the game in the DOS environment?

it's been so long since i have used DOS, i am not sure i can even remember how to do that.

In short, download the game, install via DOSBox and play by running the executable. If you need to freshen up on your DOS skills there are plenty of DOSBox tutorial all over the web. I also believe there are several frontends that automate the process of installing and running games via dosbox.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, still looking for an article writer!

I have updated the description in the first post. Please read it and contact me if you are interested.

Thank you!

Nomzo

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In 10 years from now I might do a Carmageddon article, as it will be retro by then. ;)

Anyways, platformers are awesome. You should really go download a C64 and an Amiga emulator (WinUAE) if you have never checked out those two particular home computers. When the Commodore Amiga 500 came out in 1987 it was years ahead of all other console/computers at the time.

Golden Axe on the Amiga 500 was incredible, only problem being that our Disk 2 didn't work heh. Think I still have the Amiga at my parents house, might have to set up it next time I'm there! Captain Planet was another great game.

Re: article writer - I've forwarded on your post on to a great copywriter I know. Hopefully she'll be in touch if interested, she's an Atari fan!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Golden Axe on the Amiga 500 was incredible, only problem being that our Disk 2 didn't work heh. Think I still have the Amiga at my parents house, might have to set up it next time I'm there! Captain Planet was another great game.

Re: article writer - I've forwarded on your post on to a great copywriter I know. Hopefully she'll be in touch if interested, she's an Atari fan!

Golden Axe was (is) awesome indeed. :)

Thanks for forwarding my post! Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom