Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

awregistry.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hosting3.com

Does awregistry.com offers API for real-time domain name registration or dropped name registration service? Lately, have seen them catching some names quite often :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hosting3.com
Does awregistry.com offers API for real-time domain name registration or dropped name registration service? Lately, have seen them catching some names quite often :)

I don`t know, I think dropmart and dropwizard are using it, I have also seen that mikemike has registered some dropping names with them.

I think that Ia registry has something like club drop, there are mikemike, buildable.com, nameadmininc and some more big players, I once contacted the, they said that there is no more free space for another member.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't want to comment on our relationship with AW. It is after all our business.

But let me say that of all the registrars I've worked with for various things. (and there have been a lot) AW is heads above them all. They are a real class act. :D

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gmartfin

What is the difference between your dropwizard site and your dropmart site?

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between your dropwizard site and your dropmart site?

Price $60 vs $120. But we fill dropwizard orders first. And most of the dropmart names do end up getting ordered at dropwizard. So you could lose a great domain. Also you can't order dictionary, 2 or 3 letter domains at dropmart.

Dropmart was intended to catch the lower end of the market.

Both offer a platform for the NSI drops, the Tucow drops and the 24 hour drops.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmartfin
I don't want to comment on our relationship with AW. It is after all our business.

Whilst it is definitely your business, 'stuff' asked

"Does awregistry.com offers API for real-time domain name registration or dropped name registration service? Lately, have seen them catching some names quite often."

and you replied with:

"No. AW guns for us."

which effectively implies that AWRegistry don't offer API for real-time registration or a dropped name registration service to anyone else, because they've giving exclusivity to your service. :)

If you hadn't said "No. AW guns for us" (on a public forum) then I wouldn't have asked my question, about whether you have a monopoly with them. :)

I don't think it is unfair for anyone to ask for clarification on whether AWR are exclusive to you, since you implied this with what you'd already said prior to that. :)

Everyone has a right to keep their business private. However if you start making sections of it public knowledge, is it unfair if 'the public' ask for clarification on what you have said? :)

Personally I think that, assuming you are using the RRP third pool of AWRegistry and not just API (which I suspect is almost certain), either via your own scripts that are run by registrar staff on your behalf, or via scripts written by AWRegistry staff, it is perfectly possible that others might be able to approach AWRegistry and negotiate a service with them. IARegistry aren't exclusive, so it is possible that AWRegistry aren't either.

Obviously that would be up to anyone interested in finding out, to take up further with AWRegistry. :)

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe dnf member MikeMike has been catching names as of late using AWRegistry. (not certain though)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
David, you must have been a lawyer in another life.:D

First let's understand the subject of the thread was AW catching good names lately. And do they offer an api. Obviously with the drops in mind.

And I'm tellling you NO, they do not offer such a service.

As for reseller api's yes that is possible. AW is a great registrar and I would be happy to help anybody here to add them to their reseller sites. Feel free to PM me.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whois why is it I find myself biting my tongue every time you post about us.:mad:

Your assumptions are a joke. Your site is a joke. You don't have a clue as to what constitutes a good domain. Or the top drops. I see what the top drop people order through our site. And it usually bears no relationship to your postings as to who got what.

You're a typical example of someone who knows a little and is all too ready to share your lack of knowledge.

And because you weasled your way into being a moderator you have a responsibility to this forum not to make misleading posts.

I wish registrars would sell to me for the prices you see there. But they don't offer the kind of service in the drops for those prices. Not even close.

Try to learn something before you shoot from the lip:rolleyes:

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmartfin
Whois why is it I find myself biting my tongue every time you post about us.:mad:

Your assumptions are a joke. Your site is a joke. You don't have a clue as to what constitutes a good domain. Or the top drops. I see what the top drop people order through our site. And it usually bears no relationship to your postings as to who got what.

You're a typical example of someone who knows a little and is all too ready to share your lack of knowledge.

And because you weasled your way into being a moderator you have a responsibility to this forum not to make misleading posts.

I wish registrars would sell to me for the prices you see there. But they don't offer the kind of service in the drops for those prices. Not even close.

Try to learn something before you shoot from the lip:rolleyes:

You know, I have been sooooo waiting for someone else to say EXACTLY what I have been thinking. :)

I'll probably get censored by him - as I did the other day when I questionned something irrelevant that he spammed into a thread - but this guy should *not* be a mod and is actually doing a disservice to this forum.

I'm not out to appear nasty or agressive. But I think it's time that I spoke my mind on this in public; especially when someone else I actually respect the knowledge of decides it's worth posting about it in public too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators