Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Best name Possible ...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rebies

Hey all! I'm new to these parts, so hopefully yalls nice ;)

Anyway, I would really like to acquire a short, direct keyword domain, but have no idea what its worth might be.

Domain: hdtv.net

From the looks of it, there would be no way of getting it for less then a couple hundred thousand. What would you all think the domain is worth straight up? No web sites included, not taking traffic into consideration, and not considering the fact that a company has already set up shop on it?

Andrew

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Submit an offer to the owner.

It is a very valuable domain. Start with an offer of $500, but be prepared for a laughable response.

The domain is probably worth $15K+, with its only fault; being a dot-net.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The name hdtv.net is good, though I think DoBerry's estimate of $15k is a high. I would peg it at $1,000. The problem is that there is already a highly developed site at hdtv.net, and I doubt that the current owners would be willing to sell. You should be prepared for a no, and start looking at alternative domain names for your site. Never get attached to any one domain name.

Good luck.

D

dkny

it's only a simple developed site. take two days of webmaster time to develop it. anyway, you're not talking about web site.

HDTV is a great name, but .net is a difficult sale especially for consumer product. HDTV.com is up for sale right now, so any end users would contact the .com first if they want the name.

My appraisal for the name is $2.2K. Don't hold back if you get an offer because .info and .biz is coming right up. that's my hint. :)

R

rebies

dkny:

How in the world do you know that hdtv.com is for sale. I see nothing at the web site, nor do I see anything indicating so when I do a whois for the domain...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oops

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry
everything is for sale...for the right price

R

rebies

Well thank you for all your opinions... I guess we will see what they think its worth.

And yes, everything is for sale depending on the price!

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Around $15,000 is not unreasonable. HDTV technology is in a growth phase so this domain has huge potential. The dot com would be worth ten times more of course.

BDM

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, rebies!

I have for sale www.hdtv4me.com

If I get an offer that from anyone that's attractive enough, I'll sell it with the addition of "hdtvforme.com" included. If you're interested, rebies, you can PM me with your offer. Okay?

All the best!
BDM

R

rebies

BDM:

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I am looking at this domain (hdtv.net) because I run a fairly large HDTV web site. Since I'm getting over 15,000 page views a day, I figure its not worth moving the site unless the domain is absolutely ideal. (otherwise I would lose a lot of the good search engine rankings and have to start over completely)

BDM

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay, rebies! Good for you, and here's wishing you continued success with your HDTV business!

BDM

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by President Gringo
seems a lil overpriced for a .net

If I have so much money I would buy it with 10 to 20k.
I think .net is working well with hdtv, and hdtv.com is worth much more , at least 100k plus IMHO;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom