Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Best social networking software?

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Odd I should stumble on this thread when I spent most of yesterday searching for a good social network software program.... You wouldn't believe how many bad reviews you can find out there, mostly from Russian developers.

If anyone here built a site using "socialengine", would you mind posting or sending me a link?

I checked out the showcase sites and they look very impressive.

Thanks!

I have seen couple of sites with sociaengine, personally i think socialengine is a expensive script , i would rather install joomla , install joomunity component ( a dead joomla social network comp but very good base ) , and a coder located in Asia would be more than happy to make it up to what you need for $500 bucks

I am a living example of failure of social networking sites , since 2007 i started this quest to make a Nepali Social networking site , why nepali because there arent any Nepali Social network site, it would be a great site with proper resources and marketing. But In last 3 years i probably have installed over 30 script . I worked on each for a while and at some point i didnt like it , most of the not user friendly , not meant for a high end sites, its great if you just wanna put a site up and get some traffic , some adsense earning.

I was into Joomunity in 2008 , it was a very nice concept and component for joomla but for unfortunate reasons the owner/coder never finished the project properly. I do remember couple of people made their site with Joomunity base , modified it themselves .

Also if you are really looking for establishing a good socialnetwork site, Anahita Social network script it seems nice, i talked to them , if you want to become a partner its $500 bucks , you get all plugings, support , first hand on latest stuff. It is a opensouce project , it will be releasing this summer probably . You can download the opensource code and hire a coder to modify to your need .

I am saving up some money for the Nepali social networking site , i will be using Joomunity probably. Talking to a coder currently , if he agrees on a affordable price. With joomla and joomunity i will be running my social network by the summer hopefully.

Last edited:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Odd I should stumble on this thread when I spent most of yesterday searching for a good social network software program.... You wouldn't believe how many bad reviews you can find out there, mostly from Russian developers.

If anyone here built a site using "socialengine", would you mind posting or sending me a link?

I checked out the showcase sites and they look very impressive.

Thanks!

@Raider.....

see SocialDomainers.com

We launched about 3 weeks ago....

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jomsocial is better than social engine imho,always found SE was riddled with security flaws as jomsocial is based joomla there will always developers adding to it much bigger than SE.

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm using http://grou.ps for some domains.

It is sometimes slow and I've had a few problems. But the basic service is not only free, but is the only one I know of that lets you map in your domanin (by cname) for free.

If you've got a big budget you could buy social engine or use drupla and hire a drupla developer to set up the site. But with grou.ps your domain can become a feature rich interactive site with adsense, google analytics and so on in just a few minutes.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is an example of the type of quality what you can do with jomsocial www.rudespace.com it is open source and cheap with plenty of add ons,to be honest it cannot be beaten.

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rudepace.com seems to be put together well, put the problem is getting members.

One consultant i chatted with recommended www.whitelabledating.com, which looks good also.

But He said that whatever I do, I'd need at least $20k marketing spend, and preferably lots of experience.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes mate gaining traction is really tough as you are well aware you got the "chicken and egg situation" problem with white label dating it's just a dating network and no social networking at all so it would be pretty much pointless going down that route imho.....

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is an example of the type of quality what you can do with jomsocial www.rudespace.com it is open source and cheap with plenty of add ons,to be honest it cannot be beaten.

Yikes, site is slow and running at a crawl with tons of mysql errors. That's definitely the joomla I remember.

Nice layout though.

kenthailand

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Social engine really does lok impressive - and it's 100% unencripted...

Hi guys,

I am not a techy guy but interested in launching 2 of my domains :

1. Buddhistchamber.com : Professional networking for Buddhists around the world
It would also act as a Buddhist Chamber of Commerce in Future

2. www.loversaround.com

I am planning for more than a million users so if anyone can suggest, the best and the topmost social networking software.

donkon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm seeking a script right now and it's between datingpro for me and matchme on codecanyon. Anyone know which is better and is there a good way to make a site look busy when it's new?

unixcommerce

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i have found the best one for you, its social networking + dating + chat + messaging | chatrooms

phpsunchat.com

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators