Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BestTablet (.com) | Offers Received - Need Advice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been negotiating with a buyer on Sedo for BestTablet.com and want to make sure my price expectation is reasonable.
The latest offer is in the low-mid $x,xxx range. What do you guys think it's worth?

(The negotiation is fairly active so I would be extremely grateful for any quick responses)

Cheers,

-Midgetlov

Domain summit 2024

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the super fast response Ninja! You and I are on the same page...in fact my initial counter was $6k.
Anyone else willing to give input?

Cheers,

-Midgetlov

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you are in a reasonable ballpark at $3-6k.

Tablets are hot and should be around a while.

The word 'best' is used by a lot of people in product searches, like 'best smartphone', 'best apps', 'best coffee maker' and so on.

Frank Schilling owns the plural 'besttablets' and it's listed on his DNS site, you should visit his site and see if he's had any inquiries for it too.

M.U.

CEO of Thinkk
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think even your own asking price $6k is too low. But you should at least not sell it for less. If you are not in need of fast money, then stick to your initial price.

Good luck with it.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input HG and also for the heads up about Schilling!
Funny that you mentioned 'best smartphone'...the buyer actually tried to use bestsmartphone.com (I think he said it sold for $900) for negotiation leverage.

Based on what I've heard so far it seems like my offer is in the right price range so I responded with my final offer...we'll see what happens. :)

Cheers,

-Midgetlov

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I think even your own asking price $6k is too low. But you should at least not sell it for less...

I agree with you...I think if I hold onto the name for another year or so it should easily bring $10k. Luckily I'm not in need of the money for anything important, but I do have my sights set on another domain and am going to use the proceeds to purchase it.

That said, I've already decided to cancel the negotiations if the buyer sends a counter-offer.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,

-Midgetlov

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only a $x,xxx name IMO. My advice to you is don't get greedy.

It's a good name, but not great name. Tablets sure are hot. But what could you picture being the use for this site? For a tablet to tote itself as the "best tablet"?

It would be good as a blog or as a comparison site. But I'm not confident this name could clear $xx,xxx.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Final result...buyer ended up accepting my last offer. May have undersold, but as the saying goes: $4k in the hand is worth $8k in the bush! ;^)

Thanks again for all the input!

Cheers,

-Midgetlov

M.U.

CEO of Thinkk
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats Midgetlov :)

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing to complain about. You've got yourself a stack of 40 Ben Franklins, which could easily have been none of them if the deal fell through.

Congrats on the sale!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators