Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Beware of Snap Names choice of registrar NameBay.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had some limited success with Snap Names, though on one name, I got stuck with a registrar called NameBay.com. This is a foreign company I had never heard of before, when I tried to forward my newly acquired domain name to my web site it would not work. I looked for instructions on their site, but found none. I then emailed their customer support and discovered they not only do they not understand English, they are very arrogant. After a series of several emails, I still do not have the name pointed.

Furthermore, I contacted Snap Names customer support and was given a very condescending explanation as to the great partnership Snap Names has with NameBay.com. I was surprised due to the number of subscriptions I have and the "newness" of NameBay.com.

I have received good service from Name Scout and a couple of other registrars that Snap Name uses, but NameBay.com Sucks. Beware!

Domain summit 2024

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
transfer the name to another registrar for 8$ and add a year to expiration date ...problem solved.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by alldig
transfer the name to another registrar for 8$ and add a year to expiration date ...problem solved.

Only have to wait 60 days!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That is one newbe registrar - remind me of Joker.com in the old days.

They do have forwarding - but it costs about $1.50
http://www.namebay.com/tariffs.htm

It might be best to free host the domain with only a link to the site you want it forwarded to - else pay their tarrif.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough someone from Snap Names read my post and contacted me virtually within minutes of the post. The customer service manager Roger M., actually listened to what I had to say and immediately rectified the situation. Wow! Good work Snap Names! I guess this forum works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators