Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

blogging - How too's organize

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN48

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what do you mean exactly?

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are you talking about seo? if not you can organize it in anyway you feel like it.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a wordpress/BANS type blog - and am in the process of organizing

what is the best practice for your blog articles and organization anyone have some links - I googled it and found very little

any info appreciated
I recently started using WordPress and it's pretty powerful. For each blog article you write, you can assign it to a "category", but you need to create the categories first. It's easy to do. If you're viewing the dashboard, you'll see that category is a choice (link) just below POSTS. I think creating categories will be a first step in getting your blog articles organized.

Once you've created several categories, they will appear on the right side of the page as your write a new article, and you can then select one or more of the categories for the article to be stored in.

Categories can be displayed on your WordPress homepage. When a reader clicks on a category, it will display all of the articles you wrote that were stored in that particular category.

Here's a link on category management from the WordPress site: http://codex.wordpress.org/Manage_Categories_SubPanel

DN48

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently started using WordPress and it's pretty powerful. For each blog article you write, you can assign it to a "category", but you need to create the categories first. It's easy to do. If you're viewing the dashboard, you'll see that category is a choice (link) just below POSTS. I think creating categories will be a first step in getting your blog articles organized.

Once you've created several categories, they will appear on the right side of the page as your write a new article, and you can then select one or more of the categories for the article to be stored in.

Categories can be displayed on your WordPress homepage. When a reader clicks on a category, it will display all of the articles you wrote that were stored in that particular category.

Here's a link on category management from the WordPress site: http://codex.wordpress.org/Manage_Categories_SubPanel

There is also a link in my sig that's help you making a free blog but it's in french only, all articles also could be sent in categories, and you DON'T need to create the categories BEFORE posting, the categories are created at the same time than the articles, when it's posted in the blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators