Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Branding works. i.e. Jamster.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I listed Jamster.com here a while back for $199. (search)
It had 95 uniques from Jan 04 to june 8 04, ( 6 mos) of which 30% were US hits. Thats pathetic, less than one unique per day. I made a whopping $0.64 on 3 clicks during that time span.

Based on that, I sold jamster.com in June for I think $250. Nice profit for a $7.00 domain with no traffic. Buyer made a real nice ringtone site with it.

I Just saw a Jamster.com commercial on MTV. Oveture shows 544 last mo. for jamster.com ( w/ext. ). A little branding goes a long way. Be interesting to see next mos. numbers. Top 100k in alexa and rising fast. MTV commercial should even propel it faster.

Kind of wierd. Had it listed here for $199 and no bites. Now it looks like I sold it to cheap. Obviously a good 7 char domain. Just goes to show that branding is the key, as it appears that this is going to be a very successful website.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I saw the ad too. If I'm correct, it's about a minute long, and shows about 10 different ringtone samples on it. Can't have been cheap..

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. this was your domain! Yeah.. I've been seeing this ads too... not sure if they were on MTV tho.

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Woah.. I noticed this domain on TV last night, also. :)

Darren06

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw the commercial as well.

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite said:
I listed Jamster.com here a while back for $199. (search)
It had 95 uniques from Jan 04 to june 8 04, ( 6 mos) of which 30% were US hits. Thats pathetic, less than one unique per day. I made a whopping $0.64 on 3 clicks during that time span.

Based on that, I sold jamster.com in June for I think $250. Nice profit for a $7.00 domain with no traffic. Buyer made a real nice ringtone site with it.

I Just saw a Jamster.com commercial on MTV. Oveture shows 544 last mo. for jamster.com ( w/ext. ). A little branding goes a long way. Be interesting to see next mos. numbers. Top 100k in alexa and rising fast. MTV commercial should even propel it faster.

Kind of wierd. Had it listed here for $199 and no bites. Now it looks like I sold it to cheap. Obviously a good 7 char domain. Just goes to show that branding is the key, as it appears that this is going to be a very successful website.

It is a catchy name. Your other names are pretty good as well.

stoned

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dude your so lucky! they are airing this domain like crazy on mtv! twice between every show!

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have seen the commercial on comedy central in fact I visited the site because I liked one of the ring-tones I heard :)

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jamster.co.uk is a big site in the UK (ovt with extension 2010!). It’s advertised on TV all the time, on both music channels and terrestrial TV.

- Rob

BTW, jamster.com gets 571 with extension on the UK ovt.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it was offered here? hmmmmm i didnt see it i guess.

yup i saw the commercial too.........and yes branding goes a VERY long way

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im so lucky? Your so funny.. What, are you stoned? :-D

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite said:
Im so lucky? Your so funny.. What, are you stoned? :-D

You should be proud to see a domain you ‘created’ advertised on TV - I know I would be :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"Jamster!, part of the VeriSign, Inc. family, is a leading wireless content mediation company. "

I guess it was a steal at that price for them.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see those commercials all the time.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
"Jamster!, part of the VeriSign, Inc. family, is a leading wireless content mediation company. "

I guess it was a steal at that price for them.
Gee, makes it sound like I should go shoot myself eh? Not. Like I said, 3 clicks for 65 cents in 6 mos. Buyer was from switzerland, still listed from Switzerland in whois. Now as far as verisign, it sounds like a boast. It looks like thay may use some managed service from verisign, and use that as a front to claim to be part of the verisign family. They have no verisign seal, or any seal for that matter. In fact it doesnt really matter. You sell a name, well, you sold a name. I sold gamelocker a couple years back. Turned out the buyer was GameSpy inc. , but they diodn't tell me that up front. Why would they / should they? jamster.com would be useless without the branding.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats a scoop. Cant wait to tell everybody from the bridge that I live under tha I used to own jamster.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
All I did was Google "Verisign Jamster" :-D

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
funny thing. I think I googled jamster back when I sold it and a couple small things popped up and they were my sales lists. I offered my 15 year old that name to use as email, and it wasn't cool enough for him. He looked at me rather oddly the other night when we were watching MTV, and I liked to shit myself. Hes been grounded ever since and hasn't opened a christmas present yet.

And.

Two US applications for trademark of jamster have been applied for within days of each other. Not sure if they are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators