Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Buydomains.com seems to win a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlach

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They again won over snap, NW, dw and dw new partner the domain wasnt even english. already happend several time for me they seems to grab all the good name i target !
Any of you have same problem with em? to bad they dont propose grab service :(

@

Domain summit 2024

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why offer a drop service when you can have all the domains for yourself?? BuyDomains cannot grab every possible domain that drops, but there is a good chance they will get it. If they don't ULTsearch will. The list goes on and on. Snap is not fool proof and no other method is either but guaranteed no good name will just drop without some person grabbing it up.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem with offering a drop service is you lower your own chances of getting the domains you want.

The more domains you have to check every second, the fewer times you can check them, and hence the less chance you have.

cluelessdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think that is a problem. what percent does snapnames usually get? anyone know?

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They again won over snap, NW, dw and dw new partner the domain wasnt even english

Guys in all honesty you have to realize that the drops are in the 1000's of names. And the better lists are probably in the 100's per drop. No service will get every name nor can you expect that buydomains will get them all.

Even with the best strategies it's still a crapshoot:D

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LUCK. change the names position in the list may help dropcatcher.
Don't put the most wanted one on top, you can start with the second or so . . . :D

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would buydomains have a bigger chance of catching a drop from domaindiscover? It seems like they run that registrar.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course, hellstrom.
IF they want that name.
If they don't want it, you can have it.
But if they want it, you can never have it. :D

And I think there's no need for buydomains to catch name from domaindiscover, simply initiate transfer. :D

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .com.net.org
Of course, hellstrom.
IF they want that name.
If they don't want it, you can have it.
But if they want it, you can never have it. :D

And I think there's no need for buydomains to catch name from domaindiscover, simply initiate transfer. :D
So there's no control at all?
If someone at NSI wants some good expiring names he just takes them?
There must be some way to complain. What does the ICANN rules say?

icannt

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by atlach
They again won over snap, NW, dw and dw new partner the domain wasnt even english. already happend several time for me they seems to grab all the good name i target !
Any of you have same problem with em? to bad they dont propose grab service :(

@

What domain was it?

Buydomains has a network of registrars almost as big as Snapnames. They appear to own exclusive bandwidth of DomainDiscover, DomainZoo, e-names.org, Communigal.net, RegistrationTek, 1Accredited.com, and possibly others. Besides, they also use Snapnames and Namewinner.

icannt

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hellstrom

So there's no control at all?
If someone at NSI wants some good expiring names he just takes them?
There must be some way to complain. What does the ICANN rules say?

No control at all. ICANN rules are meaningless.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The likes of BuyDomains and Ultsearch et al have basically a lock on the system now. I'm all for WLS now. Tell me why I shouldn't be, other than Verislime is a piece of crap. Already know that.

Network

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stocdoctor
The likes of BuyDomains and Ultsearch et al have basically a lock on the system now. I'm all for WLS now. Tell me why I shouldn't be, other than Verislime is a piece of crap. Already know that.

Agreed :)

I have snapped MANY names and lost them to BD or ULT.

Had Snapnames been the WLS,I probably would have got them.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LUCK. change the names position in the list may help dropcatcher.
Don't put the most wanted one on top, you can start with the second or so . .

Thought of this long ago and a lot more....:D

BS. They have large resources because they've spent the time and money to develop them. The same resources they'll bring to WLS and do the same.

It'll just cost you all more to play with them. They can afford it.

Can you?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmartfin Thought of this long ago and a lot more....:D BS. They have large resources because they've spent the time and money to develop them. The same resources they'll bring to WLS and do the same. It'll just cost you all more to play with them. They can afford it. Can you?

Do not agree, buydomains and ult under the current system only pay if they actually get the name but with WLS they will be forced to prepay with NO assurance they will ever get the name. They could pay a fee every year forever and never get it.

With that huge difference I seriouslly doubt if they will invest heavily in WLS and likely will only try to get the WLS on names they have some inside info on that they will drop, a very small percentage. Their costs of grabbing names would skyrocket under WLS and actually be cost prohibitive to them. They may not do WLS at all, except perhaps on rare occasions.

We should all embrace WLS as a very good thing!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

Do not agree, buydomains and ult under the current system only pay if they actually get the name but with WLS they will be forced to prepay with NO assurance they will ever get the name. They could pay a fee every year forever and never get it.

I think they pay lot for the registry connections. WLS will do it only easyer to big buyers get the really good names, For example they pay $35 in WLS for a name. And if it will be like snapnames system, they can move the snap to another name if the name will be renewed and they will lost no money.
I would say all against WLS, in this moment You have a little success on good names with all the catch services, but then noi change

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL.
BD and ULT don't get everything. by any means. . . with gordon and others around these guys are giving them a run for their money. HARD WORK! and good goin to those guys

It WILL NOT get any better. Your speculation that it will is your only HOPE because you don't fight or work for what you want.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to me we should be preparing for the onset of the WLS shortly, but that doesn't mean we have to fold in the cards to the likes of buydomains or ult in the meantime. Only the smartest win in this game no matter what the rules are. However, most times there aren't any rules, especially with ICANN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators