Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Buying traffic

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone ever purchase traffic outright? Seems that this may be a productive alternative to other marketing methods. Cheaper than pay-per-click SE's and much more cost effective than useless banner advertisements. And it gets serious EXPOSURE--if your site can convert sales (the objective of any site of course) then you're really set.

I've found a few programs out there, but the best seems TrafficInjection.com.

They'll send a guaranteed 100,000 uniques for less than 1 cent each. Other available campaigns range from 10,000 for $100 to 50,000 for $500. These are all quality unique visitors according to the site and their TOS--even better, they guarantee it.

Anyone try this? May be worth it. The price is sure attractive--a bargain compared to other advertising avenues that only promise "impressions" or "views."

Just from the perspective of plain exposure, I think I'll give it a try.

Anyone else try them?

=)

Domain summit 2024

Most of these programs seem to use rather doubtful traffic sources, not what I would call quality.

I found this on their site which I found amusing,

"Suppose you sell a product or service for $25 and 1% of folks visiting your site convert to a purchase (a fairly accurate statistic on most products and services).
Say your site gets 100 unique visitors per day. You'll make 30 sales a month for a gross profit of $750.
The potential of TrafficInjection.com
Imagine injecting this same site with 10,000 unique visitors. Your sales margin jumps to $2,500. 100,000 visitors: $25,000!! "

sure thing....

Snoopy wouldn't give a dog biscuit for their 100,000 hits.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm going to do some more thinking.

I've heard good things though about this traffic source though. I know there's some junk available out there--good numbers but poor quality traffic--and I've heard the horror stories. =)

But a friend of mine used TrafficInjection.com and said it was pretty decent stuff. That's what got me interested in the first place.

Anyone have any luck with these types of programs? It can't be all bad... $100 for that many visitors doesn't seem to shabby.

I get decent conversions on general traffic for a couple of sites--this is why I'm thinking about it so hard!

If anyone's used these types of programs please post!

I can't imagine untargetted hits from whatever dodge search engine/exit console/whatever they use being worth 1 cent each. Be careful to find out exactly where this traffic is coming from before you sign up. These things seem like the biggest scams around at the moment.

btw- Did you friend actually make a profit from that traffic?

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
snoopy is absolutely right.

When the "guaranteed traffic" deal first started a few years ago, it was mainly those freebie lotto things where you had to visit their "sponsor" sites (which were the sites receiving the so-called guaranteed traffic) and find the banner and click it to get another chance to win.

A few examples are:

http://www.cash-giveaway.com
http://lotto.worldprofit.com

Do you think those sponsor sites made much money having freebie seekers and "no-money-to-spend" people coming to their websites?

Well, the 20 or 30 companies I interviewed a few years back each lost money on every "guaranteed traffic" campaign they'd embarked on.

Of course, I'm not saying that there isn't a company out there that could bring "targeted and qualified visitors" from opt-in email lists, pay-per-click search engines, or whatever else means to your website and claim to "guarantee" it.

(By "targeted and qualified" I mean that they are highly likely to buy what you are selling.)

But, I seriously doubt that unless a company specializes in the niche market you're targeting that they're going to bring anything worthwhile to you.

Do your research. Find other companies, similar to yours, that have used the program you are thinking about using. Ask them what kind of results they've gotten. Nothing too specific -- because you don't want them asking you too many questions.

Good luck,
Chris

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
P.S. - if you do decide to try this company, make sure you use a script to track how many unique visitors you're getting and if they're purchasing (if your web host doesn't already provide statistics for you).

You can track where they're coming from by reading the referrer section of your stats. If you don't have this, you can add a key code to your url when you sign-up for this service http://www.yourdomain.com/?keycode).

You can find out how many visitors are coming from the service by looking for the key code in your stats.

Anyways... Good luck,
Chris

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm.

Emails from Nigerian banks sound good to me!

Wow, Lizzy 18 year old cute blonde, better take some notice of Snoopy and Chris, they no what they are talking about.

:)

J

jimb

Originally posted by AMERICAR

Wow, Lizzy 18 year old cute blonde, better take some notice of

And she knows stuff about domain names/internet....wow, whatta girl ;)

Jim

Chris, Thanks for the tip.

Jim,

Yeah. Kinda. Actually, it was my older bro who was into this stuff. Then he got into law school and didn't have the time for it anymore. I pretty much learned it from him--but I've got a lot more to learn. :)

Ameri,

I don't know if what I'm talking about is on par with those Nigerian bank scams. LOL! Those e-mails are hilarious, though.

Truthfully, I may give it a try just to end my "inner" debate on the matter. I figure it's cheaper than advertising in my local newspaper, and based on exposure alone presents a decent option. Sales would just be icing on the cake. We shall see if it's any good.

I'll keep ya'll posted!

What was it that killed the cat? ;)

Actually I suspect they may be using type-in domains to supply those hits. I had a look at the whois and it seems I know of the guy whose running it. He's quite big on type in's and seems decent, though personally I'd never advise using a service like that myself.

Originally posted by AMERICAR

Wow, Lizzy 18 year old cute blonde, better take some notice of Snoopy and Chris, they no what they are talking about.

:)

Which reminds me I have to pitch these domains I have for sale:

SLIMBLONDE.COM (currently on my ebay auctions)
SUPERBLONDE.COM
BLONDEGIRL.NET
BLONDEWITCH.COM

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators