Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

C&D Letter I Can't Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameshub

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you do with a C&D in German? I have no way of responding since I am not going to pay for a translator or pay money for long distance call to somebody who cant speak English. If they had emailed me instead, I would just give them the domain name. It looks they want it now since it made it into Yahoo's commercial directory, but it was not when I first registered it.

If a German company sees that someone in the U.S. owns a domain name they want, the least they can do is send a letter in English.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you could go into one of the German IRC channels, often people there would be willing to translate a short letter for free, or at least read through it and summarize it.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I could translate it if ya want.

Nameshub

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I might have to try that. I dont really want the domain name, but I have no idea how to get it to them.

Nameshub

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are German, Beatz?

Nameshub

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that helps alot. The translation is not perfect but I get a better idea of what they want.

Scratch that. I know what they want (a yahoo domain for free), but at least I can know more details and give it to them.

D

dkny

Originally posted by Nameshub
Thanks guys, that helps alot. The translation is not perfect but I get a better idea of what they want.

no computerized translation is perfect at the moment. it's way to go. people use slang, innovative terms, etc. many times you can't find a word even in dictionary.

the translator software still need a lot of improvement, as well as voice recognition system.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would simply write them back saying that you have received a letter in German from them, you do not know what it says, and suggest that if they have something to say to you that they do so in English.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nameshub
What do you do with a C&D in German? I have no way of responding since I am not going to pay for a translator or pay money for long distance call to somebody who cant speak English. If they had emailed me instead, I would just give them the domain name. It looks they want it now since it made it into Yahoo's commercial directory, but it was not when I first registered it.

If a German company sees that someone in the U.S. owns a domain name they want, the least they can do is send a letter in English.

I can translate it also to english, If You wan`t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom