Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Can Google sandbox or punish just one page of a site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediaadvantages

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else has noticed Google punishing just one page on a website? One of my sites was in the top 10 for about 50 different keyword phrases and a week later it's nowhere to be found but other pages within the site usually rank within positions 30 to 250. I thought I got sandboxed by Google but from everything I have heard, Google sandboxes a whole site and not just one page. This homepage is now 93rd out of 100 top pages on my site. It just doesn't make sense to me so I thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this.

Domain summit 2024

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes i agree with [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Calibri, Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]silentg because my site is also punished by Google panda , few weeks ago my site visitors number was good but now number of visitors is very low, then i searched why my site visitors are decreasing than i got many article about Google panda in search result.........there are many sites which have been badly effected by Google panda .........[/FONT]

rjonesx

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey folks... Generally, Panda updates impact the whole site. You would have seen your traffic loss occuring exactly on one of these days (or within 24 hours).

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/4348254.htm

If you haven't, then you were impacted by some other algorithm update or individual penalty. There was a large deindexing of blog networks on March 17th, which could have cost you quite a bit of traffic. There was another huge algorithm update dubbed "Penguin" on the 23rd of April, which can cause single page rankings drops.

If it didn't correspond with one of these dates, you are probably looking at a normal penalty (either backlink / anchor text over optimization, or some one page violation like cloaking or keyword stuffing)

Russ

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
The problem you have, its general indeed. But, why not give to google what he likes the most. Content. I would sugest to create a new page called blog | news letter | press release where to add permanent, unique and great content.

And see if the updates will have same impact in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators