Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Can someone please help with my SEO strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnatolia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I created a small niche site on treatment for mental illness. That's my keyword plus my domain and it's a .com - the first thing I did was build the site using Wordpress and added three articles - one written from scratch (outsourced) and two from a PLR package that I rewrote and expanded. Use a SEO tool in Wordpress to analyse the content around my keyword. All three articles scored 70-80% and 1.0-2.0% for that particular keyword. Used their recommendations - each article has a picture with alt text (keyword). Title has keyword, H1 and H2 tags have keyword and meta description and meta keywords have keyword.

I then submitted to google, noticed a few days later I had more traffic. Can now see my domain in google when I search for it, but when I check my ranking I'm nowhere. Is this a time thing? Does google take a certain length of time before determining a ranking? Or have I done something wrong?

I plan to add more articles and potentially embed some youtube videos. But what should I be doing in terms of traffic generation and google ranking? I'm thinking of getting a recommended article spinner to generate new articles from my current ones which I can then put up/rewrite, and also include in article directories with my link in the author information. Is that it? Or should I be doing something else?

Also, not sureo n what is too many ads. I have a small strip (adsense) along the top and two on the right. And a 'Resource' page which links to an Amazon store for anxiety products.

Thanks for all your help!
Andarras

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long has it been?

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't keep spinning the same articles over and over...do deeper keyword research and write new content even if it's just a few hundred words.

PM me if you'd like some detailed discussion.

Magnatolia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beards - about 3 days so I'm aware that I might be over-reacting.

GeoOwners - will def take you up on that offer. Spinning articles for me is more about getting a different twist to the original. I wouldn't just leave it at the spinned version, I would then rewrite some of the content depending on the specificity of the article content. As an example it would be hard to genuinely rewrite an article that has herbs for anxiety, but a general one on an overview of getting treatment for mental health could be rewritten several different times. Plan was to rewrite, or even get a tool that pulls research material on a topic which I can then use to write my own articles. I can't write from scratch but when I have some material to work with I'm good to go. I took the herbs for anxiety article (PLR) and rewrote it with an extra 100 words.

I check my ranking with the SEO Tool Rank checker each day but never shows any data (could be too early). But if anyone has a tool they recommend for managing the SEO component that goes beyond just listing what you have and haven't done on a page (such as the various WP plugins) that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom