Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Canada.biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Taking offers in the $xx,xxx range for this cracking .biz name.

Domain summit 2024

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very nice domain indeed, care to split the profits? :wink:

YoYo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very NIce domain

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Pity I have to post it here instead of in "Fixed Price and Offers"...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
j8jweb said:
Pity I have to post it here instead of in "Fixed Price and Offers"...
That's because you are not the owner of this domain and are therefore brokering it instead, right? Should have no problem going for 5-figure, esp. with some patience. Good luck to your sale.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm brokering it, but I'm doing it for free as a favour. Thanks for the comments!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasn't this name one of the sunrise fraud regs by Stephen Rumney? He's still listed in the whois. Are you sure the registry won't pull this one back at some point?

Are you also brokering any of the other names he regged fraudulently during the sunrise for infos?

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Canada.biz is legitimately owned by Stephen Rumney.

Steve shares his name with the famous UK artist:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=stephen+rumney+art&meta= ... because that's who he is :) !

Regarding .info:

A long time ago, Steve attempted to register several sunrise .info domains which he believed could not possibly have any associated trademarks (too generic). To his total surprise, he was proven wrong in a few cases and had to hand some domains over. He still owns a few though.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
j8jweb said:
Canada.biz is legitimately owned by Stephen Rumney.

Steve shares his name with the famous UK artist:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=stephen+rumney+art&meta= ... because that's who he is :) !

Regarding .info:

A long time ago, Steve attempted to register several sunrise .info domains which he believed could not possibly have any associated trademarks (too generic). To his total surprise, he was proven wrong in a few cases and had to hand some domains over. He still owns a few though.

That's crap. He's admitted that he did those fraud sunrise regs cause he thought he would get away with it. In the names he lost, it was shown that he fraudulently regged them and they were taken away. He shouldn't still be holding what he does if ICANN or Afilias were doing their jobs. Check out Stocks.info, or Mortgages.info. These names he ran off with cost other domainers quite a bit of money and time to purchase pre-regs etc., only to have him steal them away with baloney trademark claims.

That you would cover for him and make up some story about him being proven wrong about his beliefs, makes you look suspicious as well. I've considered putting a petition to Afilias online asking that they go back after these fraud sunrise claims (as they have promised for two years) and have the domainer community sign in. Then we'll cc it to ICANN as well.

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,49074,00.html

"Rumney admits, however, that he skirted the rules to get what he got."

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh dear.

I'm brokering this name in good faith as a favour to Steve. The .info stuff is a can of worms. Rather than be drawn into an argument here, it might make more sense for the mods to delete this thread. Shame, as this is a very genuine sale. I don't want to perpetuate a thread which inadvertently damages any reputations.

All the best,
James

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
After izopod's cool-headed reply, I removed my comments.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best option would be to sell it to me for $101.00 :-D :cheeky:

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
URLtrader said:
The best option would be to sell it to me for $101.00 :-D :cheeky:

lol : :laugh:

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
j8jweb said:
Oh dear.

I'm brokering this name in good faith as a favour to Steve. The .info stuff is a can of worms. Rather than be drawn into an argument here, it might make more sense for the mods to delete this thread. Shame, as this is a very genuine sale. I don't want to perpetuate a thread which inadvertently damages any reputations.

All the best,
James

I'm backing Stoc 100% on this one. I think we all know Stephen Rumney. Let's just leave it at that.

-Keep in mind everyone. This really isn't a sales thread if you don't own the name. It's in everyone's interest if Broker threads are fully vetted. It seems to me that if we didn't scrutinize a "Broker thread" last month a well known, and respected domainer may have inadvertantly got himself in trouble...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
After izopod's cool-headed reply, I removed my comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators