Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Can't view stats on iPhone/iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never been able to view AdSense stats on my iPhone. I assumed this was some bug on my phone but now on my iPad I get the same screwed up page when I login. Anybody else having this issue? Know how to fix it or a way around it? I found an App called iAdsense that is ok enough, though it gives only very basic data, but this won't even load now...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never been able to view AdSense stats on my iPhone. I assumed this was some bug on my phone but now on my iPad I get the same screwed up page when I login. Anybody else having this issue? Know how to fix it or a way around it? I found an App called iAdsense that is ok enough, though it gives only very basic data, but this won't even load now...
Question about the iPad.

Are you able to Run programs like Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop on there?

Does there appear to be a option of using this as an actual digital graphics tablet?

The reason I am asking is I have considered getting the Wacom Cintiq which is essentially a graphics tablet that I can use to draw on and do illustrations. The cheapest Cintiq is about $999 (lists for $1199). Rather than put the money into the Cintiq, I was hopeful the iPad could do that and much more for a great savings over the Cintiq.

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question about the iPad.

Are you able to Run programs like Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop on there?

Not unless they have an App for it, you can only install App's from the AppStore. I found a cool program called Photogene that I'll be using instead of PhotoShop from now on to manipulate Photographs, but as a web development tool I don't think you'll find the iPad very helpful until people create great apps for this purpose.

Does there appear to be a option of using this as an actual digital graphics tablet?

It is certainly powerful enough and the screen is big enough. The App Photogene I mentioned is awesome to manipulate photographs in, I much prefer it to working on the desktop as you are holding the image in your hands. Holding a website in your hands and seeing what looks good would also be very cool. Again, it comes down to what App's people create for it - right now there does not appear to be any (many?).

As has been said many times (though not entirely accurate) this is a device for content consumption much more than content creation.

The reason I am asking is I have considered getting the Wacom Cintiq which is essentially a graphics tablet that I can use to draw on and do illustrations. The cheapest Cintiq is about $999 (lists for $1199). Rather than put the money into the Cintiq, I was hopeful the iPad could do that and much more for a great savings over the Cintiq.

For drawing there is an App I have heard is great called I think Brushes - the creator did a demo of it in the initial iPad announcement in January.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not unless they have an App for it, you can only install App's from the AppStore. I found a cool program called Photogene that I'll be using instead of PhotoShop from now on to manipulate Photographs, but as a web development tool I don't think you'll find the iPad very helpful until people create great apps for this purpose.

It is certainly powerful enough and the screen is big enough. The App Photogene I mentioned is awesome to manipulate photographs in, I much prefer it to working on the desktop as you are holding the image in your hands. Holding a website in your hands and seeing what looks good would also be very cool. Again, it comes down to what App's people create for it - right now there does not appear to be any (many?).

As has been said many times (though not entirely accurate) this is a device for content consumption much more than content creation.

For drawing there is an App I have heard is great called I think Brushes - the creator did a demo of it in the initial iPad announcement in January.
Thanks for a very informative response!

I understand the next iPad release will be even more robust and 3g (4g?) enabled making it a truely wireless computer.

There are some programs out there that will allow remote access to my home computer and files.

I'll have to spend some time on the internet and see if those are supported in the iTunes store. Then, perhaps, see if I can access my files on the iPad and get into the Adobe products.

If you have a link to that Brushes demo, I would love to see it. I may be illustrating some kids books (and now perhaps even a new comic book hero) and would just be ecstatic if I could do all on this iPad.

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for a very informative response!

No problem, I love this thing :) - have been answering questions about it on another forum for two days.

I understand the next iPad release will be even more robust and 3g (4g?) enabled making it a truely wireless computer.

If you have an iPhone you can have this now using MyWi which turns your iPhone into a Wireless 3G hotspot. As it will prevent the need for me to have two data plans I actually prefer this to the 3G iPad. It does suck up a lot of iPhone battery power though.

If you have a link to that Brushes demo, I would love to see it. I may be illustrating some kids books (and now perhaps even a new comic book hero) and would just be ecstatic if I could do all on this iPad.

Just watched it again, looks pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pMZzQpiJ9c

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have an iPhone you can have this now using MyWi which turns your iPhone into a Wireless 3G hotspot. As it will prevent the need for me to have two data plans I actually prefer this to the 3G iPad. It does suck up a lot of iPhone battery power though.

Just watched it again, looks pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pMZzQpiJ9c
Well, that demo really answers a lot of questions I had and pretty much has convinced me to wait for the iPad. The HUGE difference between this and the Cintiq is:

The Cintiq is not wireless.
You can not take the Cintiq with you everywhere.
And, unlike the Cintiq, you do not need a pen (stylus) with the iPad.

Looking at the vid, he was able to choose line width and vary the brushes. I like that. I can not imagine what it would be like to paint or draw with a finger.

As for the iPhone - I am going to stick with my Google Nexus One and stay with Android on the phone.

I do have an iPod touch and will continue to use that for entertainment. I will download the Brushes app to the iPod and play around with it.

I have to say, in my opinion, the iPad may be the absolute game changer for the computer world and the industry and the internet. I was reading a study about the sales of netbooks suddenly dropping as people were anticipating the iPad.

And for the creative folks like me? I can not think of a more intuitive product ever. Imagine an artist or director being on the set of a movie or making a film and instantly changing the storyboard or script and then rendering those changes in how things should be. Imagine a director having the ability of using an image or snapshot and, instead of just giving directions or changes, can actually take this pad and demonstrate exactly who or what should be where and how it SHOULD look. This is an instant mock-up tool, instant layout tool, instant editing tool, and all in one convenient lightweight package that can be taken and used anywhere. Seriously, that is how excited I am just looking at that demo.

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say, in my opinion, the iPad may be the absolute game changer for the computer world and the industry and the internet.

As a consumer having used the iPad I have to agree and I'd love this. As a domainer, it scares the shit out of me. The move here will be to App's and away from websites. The value of a good domain will go down as you can name your App whatever you want and most people will interact with your 'website' through your App, not a browser.

For instance nytimes.com and facebook.com have pretty much lost me as a browser-visiting user already.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a consumer having used the iPad I have to agree and I'd love this. As a domainer, it scares the shit out of me. The move here will be to App's and away from websites. The value of a good domain will go down as you can name your App whatever you want and most people will interact with your 'website' through your App, not a browser.

For instance nytimes.com and facebook.com have pretty much lost me as a browser-visiting user already.
Good assessment. It will be the touch of a graphical icon that will take you to a website rather than having to physically enter an address. Sure, all sites live somewhere on the internet but it will be that graphic (icon) that people (in time) will recognize as a site rather than know the physical address. I recognize the T was Twitter and F as Facebook and you are correct - those icons are what is being branded and what is becoming the brand vs. having to know the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom