Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed cigarettes.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is mulit billion dollar industy that will never go down. Maybe the number of smokers have decreased in the US the past years. But so is not the case if you look at the rest of the world.

I would say at least 50k for this domain!! One of the best I've seen on this forum, even though it is a .net. The .com would be priceless :)

Good luck!

H

hbs

Originally posted by Whois-Search
how did you get cigarettes.net on the drop the other day ?

"cigarettes.net" is registered with whois.domainsite.com

Suggests Snapnames ?

yes snapnames.

Originally posted by kvinsencius
This is mulit billion dollar industy that will never go down. Maybe the number of smokers have decreased in the US the past years. But so is not the case if you look at the rest of the world.

I would say at least 50k for this domain!! One of the best I've seen on this forum, even though it is a .net. The .com would be priceless :)

Good luck!

This reminds me of Afternic. No logic or sense at all.

The name is worth very low 4 figures maximum. $1000-$2000.

The tobacco industry is falling faster than one can measure. All the big companies already have established names. The .com version of this name has been for sale for a long time and none of the tobacco producers have shown any interest at all. That should tell you something.

LungCancer.com is worth more in the aftermarket.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PeterPain? :laugh:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cigarette companies don't sell cigarettes, they sell Satisfaction :evil:

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The tobacco industry is falling faster than one can measure. All the big companies already have established names. The .com version of this name has been for sale for a long time and none of the tobacco producers have shown any interest at all. That should tell you something.

Who said anything about tobacco companies? Setup a site and sell the cigarettes yourself. That is a big business. Just look at the searches done on Overture alone for cigarettes and cheap cigarettes, 197,000 for cigarette and 58,416 for cheap cigarette. No matter what your personal opinion is a about cigarettes and smokers, the demand will always be there. Tell smoking is bad to the Asians or the Europeans from Southern Europe. Most of them would not care less :) Selling the domain to tobacco companies is a long shot. Would be the same thing as if you owned cars.com. Who would more likely buy it, Ford or a dealer?

Thanks!

The .com version is showing 3,359 overture searches last month for the exact domain name - and given its a $1.76 bidded term there that might explain why its not sold yet - the owner of that gem should be raking in the revenue from it and would have little incentive to sell for less than high 6 figures at least.

Moving on to the .net though, no matches so it might not be all that great for type ins but cigarettes sure seems a popular search term still so even on vanity alone I'd expect you to be able to tie down a nice deal in the low 5 figures.

This reminds me of Afternic. No logic or sense at all.

The name is worth very low 4 figures maximum. $1000-$2000.

LungCancer.com is worth more in the aftermarket.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL How did the post above (HippieChick's) get below my reply to her post??!! It's like I'm a fortune teller :)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HippieChick, how'd you delete the post above from PeterPain?

Because safesys is making fraudulent posts using MY name.

Does anybody doubt me anymore?

safesys is a total cowardly fraud. :)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Plus the one from PeterPain on the performance.com and happypad.com threads?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HippieChick = PeterPain?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy
ips match on hippiechick and peterpain

Wow, yet another example of that time travel thingy :eek: :eek: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators