Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

- City Portal Script -

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to see a working demo.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'd have to have a site generating like a 500k visitors/year to get a return on that! Phpcityportal is doing very good things for my site so far... You need to do a lot of seo but it's worth it

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious. For $9,999 you can have a nice city portal up and running and then pay $199/month after that? Give me a break

1) You need to get your facts right: $4999 is the fee to have your portal up and running ... not $9999

2) You sound like a typical lowballer who finds the price of a "premium" domain hilarious. Most of us have heard this before: "Your price is hilarious, I have other options ... cheaper options". Good for You.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually Zorro, Justin is very smart with his offers, and from what I've seen on DNF, doesn't mind spending $$$$ on great names... Just look at his itrader!

My opinion is that looking at your site, comparing your features to other lower priced scripts, I don't see anything that would make me change to your script... Perhaps a working demo is needed?

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well i need a city script portal for my domain. i want to set it up asap. i just bought one of the largest hispanic magazines in kansas city, so that why i need this.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You'd have to have a site generating like a 500k visitors/year to get a return on that!

Now that is hilarious! Where did you pluck out that number from?
If your geodomain site gets 500k Visitors a year, you'd be making $ millions ... dont believe me, check with all the geodomain veterans (Skip, Castellos, etc.) and they'll confirm.

As for justifying the cost of our geodomain solution:
Do you have a geodomain site that gets 15k Visitors a month? Try our solution ... you will recover your investment in under six months.

iestates

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Prebuilt.com has simple business directories with a load of different themes (like city http://www.chicagoyachts.net/ or golfing http://www.bostongolfing.com). Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it's ridiculously easy to set up. We built and use this system on over 7000 of our names.

zehrila

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back to life.

I am trying to buy eDirectory, its a business/city portal which carries a huge potential around it, its rich in functions and powerful enough to add value to your geo and business domains, however, that script is pretty darn expensive, which is about 1800 dollars! so i figured, may be if we could join hands, like 3 4 guys and buy it, it shall split cost between us, as the second licence is sold for 500 dollars and 3rd licence is sold for 299 or 399, so if 4 of us buy these licences together, it will cost us around 700 to 900 each. Or we can join hands and co sponsor this project and get it build from scratch for that price?

I have looked at all of the scripts in this thread, to be honest the only two good scripts listed here are one which Zorro guy recommended, but has insane price to it, or this eDirectory.

eDirectory http://demodirectory.com

Please let me know

JamesDavid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back to life.

I am trying to buy eDirectory, its a business/city portal which carries a huge potential around it, its rich in functions and powerful enough to add value to your geo and business domains, however, that script is pretty darn expensive, which is about 1800 dollars! so i figured, may be if we could join hands, like 3 4 guys and buy it, it shall split cost between us, as the second licence is sold for 500 dollars and 3rd licence is sold for 299 or 399, so if 4 of us buy these licences together, it will cost us around 700 to 900 each. Or we can join hands and co sponsor this project and get it build from scratch for that price?

I have looked at all of the scripts in this thread, to be honest the only two good scripts listed here are one which Zorro guy recommended, but has insane price to it, or this eDirectory.

eDirectory http://demodirectory.com

Please let me know

Just of out my own curiousity, and learning, what did you not like abou the PHPCityPortal Script (www.K3.biz is mine)? They have an open source options for like $380ish that gives you full code and all...

zehrila

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, i have no issues with cityportal script, matter of fact i think it is pretty decent for that kind of price, however, its something which does not appeal me, not web 2.0 ish, lacks in functionality! In short i don't find it state of art, especially when you compare it to what zoro posed.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where is the city portal? All I see is a form asking for my email address.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would someone pay $90 a month on a mostly local, low-mid traffic site?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey guys!
some of the offers here in this thread make me laugh.
How much money and work do you want to spend to make and keep it running?
Wordpress is much easier as the most offers here to keep it running, most of us are one man shows or small companies, it makes no sense to spend 1000s of dollars for something that is available for five bucks. Imagine how much content you can create with $1000!!!
Trier.com -> Theme newstube
Luxembourg.com -> Theme Portal
Bruxelles.com -> dont Remember
I bought a while ago a package from Theme Junkie (google for it) I think it was $70 for 10 Themes.
Let me know if you guys need help, we have meanwhile 600 sites online.

cyberserf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read through this whole thread while searching for options for city portal software/scripts. Wow, there are so many links in this thread from software/script/template providers or domainer site links that don't work anymore or are on parked pages (this is an old thread, I know).

Observations from all these pages that I noted are: 1) a few posters in this thread still have active portal links that look really nice; 2) phpCityPortal seems to be the most-liked software talked about in this thread; and 3) there is/was a need for a common city portal software/script that domainers can jump into with their geo names. It appears there is still no hardline stamp of approval for a service by a general consensus.

Other than that, I'm curious if anyone can expound on any success they've had with their own city portals. Are there any new ideas or venues to develop those geo names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom