Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

co.uk drop service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QualityDomains

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company doing .co.uk drop service ie similar to SnapNames?

Thanks

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by QualityDomains
Does anyone know of a company doing .co.uk drop service ie similar to SnapNames?

Thanks

There are none, if you ignore detagged.co.uk which you can find more about by searching this site for 'detagged.co.uk'. Make up your mind whether you'd use them after you've read up on them. I wouldn't myself.

Alternatively, make friends with someone who is experience with .co.uk but doesn't offer a publically available service.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.nic.uk/ref/detagged.html

Nominet has a duty to contact the registrant of a DETAGGED domain name to confirm that they do not want to renew the domain name before it can be cancelled. This process can be time consuming, especially if the database holds poor quality contact information for the registrant. However, once the registrant has confirmed they no longer require the domain name, the registration will be suspended after 21 days and then cancelled between 6-8 weeks after that.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*Please read dnforum rules*

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton
*Please read dnforum rules*

Okay Andrew.

How exactly is what you posted relevant to anything in this thread?

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No there is no .co.uk drop service for .co.uk now since nametrack.co.uk stopped.

So you will have to catch the domains your self.

To find out when it drops :

"Nominet has a duty to contact the registrant of a DETAGGED domain name to confirm that they do not want to renew the domain name before it can be cancelled. This process can be time consuming, especially if the database holds poor quality contact information for the registrant. However, once the registrant has confirmed they no longer require the domain name, the registration will be suspended after 21 days and then cancelled between 6-8 weeks after that." nic.uk

Then I would suggest using www.123-reg.co.uk to register it - because a) its the cheapest and b) its opensrs and instant

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Search for "SUSPENDED" names. That means the name is passed the detagged status and will be deleted in 10 weeks. There is a service I know but they are alittle suspicious: I have a opinion that they just use you to get detagged names etc. anyway this is not the point.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Then I would suggest using www.123-reg.co.uk to register it - because a) its the cheapest and b) its opensrs and instant

I'm sorry, I won't be able to use this company - I expect websites that carry a christmas theme to stick santa hats on their models... not draw them on in pencil.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
No there is no .co.uk drop service for .co.uk now since nametrack.co.uk stopped.

So you will have to catch the domains your self.

Good luck. Depending on the name you may actually get it.

To find out when it drops :

[snip]

Then I would suggest using www.123-reg.co.uk to register it - because a) its the cheapest and b) its opensrs and instant [/B]

123-reg making use of OpenSRS has nothing to do with their .uk business, since they don't use OpenSRS for .uk's anyway (only for gTLDs). OpenSRS actually has no relevance to this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom