Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed [COLOR=limegreen]FrenchFresh.com[/COLOR]

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

Cannot be more Fresh & French than FrenchFresh, except maybe FreshFrench.com. What should be better ? FrenchFresh or FreshFrench ???

Thank you for any appreciation ...

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great avatar Frenchie! :) Is he a common comic character in Belgium?

I prefer FreshFrench, the other too close to a common side order here in the U.S.

F

Frenchie

Thank you Bob, I think your avatar (isn't it the neighbour of the Simpsons, a story i enjoy so much ?) could be on the same story as mine ... Mine is Tintin, a hero every Belgian believe is known worldwide. Tintin was a young reporter, travelling all around the world, and behaving like a Don Qixotte of the XXth century...
Thanks for FreshFrench, a good brand I hope and/or a good web side for French products (cheeses, yaourths, fruits & vegetables,...)... Now it's to try to sell it. But what is this "common side order"?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now I think I do recall Tintin... it has been many years, though, for me.

The side order is "french fries"... To be honest, I have no idea if they started in France or not... but the phrase is so common in the US that I think that any two words that sound like "French Fries" would be consciously or unconsciously associated with them... possibly including "French Fresh". I could be wrong (at least my wife says I can be :) )

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase
Now I think I do recall Tintin... it has been many years, though, for me.

The side order is "french fries"... To be honest, I have no idea if they started in France or not... but the phrase is so common in the US that I think that any two words that sound like "French Fries" would be consciously or unconsciously associated with them... possibly including "French Fresh". I could be wrong (at least my wife says I can be :) )

I can buy FrenchFried iin McDonalds, but where is FriedFrench?
:D :D :D

F

Frenchie

maybe if you are very, very hungry, and when you really have nothing else to eat ...

Bob, if French fries are these small sticks of potatoes fried in hot oil, this is indeed extremely popular in France, Belgium, and almost all around Europe ; we call that simply "frites". An anecdote (for fun) : in Belgium, the name of the shop selling frites was "Friture". But for snobistic reasons, despite the fact that Belgian frites were much better, they imitate France, and changed the shop-name to "Friterie"... whith a 50% price increase !!! (exactly as with any "Branding", no?)

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What would you do with this name?

Definatly a name that wouldn't be typed in, but you could brand it to something, food product?, resturant?, air filters?, deodorant?

It sounds more like a tagline ( i.e. Have it your way- burger king) than a product or service.

Sorry but without some type of branding and focus. I don't see much value.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's see.. the battle of the Freshes..

FreshFrench vs FrenchFresh

The former can definitely mean something of French origin in the FRESH (ie not spoiled) state -- food, wine, flowers, etc. It could also mean a French person who is liberal with his/her language, a "dirty" mouth as some would say.

FrenchFresh really means nothing, but as Dombase pointed out, it is very close phonetically to many people's favorite food, french fries. I recall an interview of French people in France who claimed that French Fries are not that great and the name did not originate in France by any stretch. This tid bit gives FrenchFresh some originality if you wanted to brand something (edible possibly) and capitalize somewhat on the ever so popular "FrenchFries" sound (giving the above trivia as a marketing magnet).

"Did you know you can't enjoy an order of French Fries in France?"
or

"French People don't eat French Fries!"

PS these are all hard to type incl. french fries -- why choose it over so may other names?

F

Frenchie

Thank you IPatlas ... it's indeed a name to be well marketed, and maybe both sold together. Maybe some French Marketing Board would be interested. Maybe difficult to type for Americans, but I believe it could become a type-in ... anyway, thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators