Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Country specific god domain names.

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrazyEddie

I currently own a few domain names that are god's names from Japan, China, and India. Is there any value in these types of names? If so where?

Thanks,

Ed

Domain summit 2024
C

CrazyEddie

I would appreciate any inpput here. Realize this might be a stupid question. However, how's a newbie supposed to learn? LOL

Thanks

Ed

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
post each name, and each name will be appraised.

C

CrazyEddie

Dyaush.com-India's first supreme god
Phanku.com- Chinese- The Creator
AmaterasOhmikami.com-Japanese sun goddess
Ohyamatsumi.com
Ohkuninushi.com
Hononinigi.com
Konohananosakuyahime.com

History
Amateras-Ohmikami, which means "the goddess who shines in the heavens," is the greatest Japanese god. She represents the sun, shining her daylight on the earth.
Her brother, the god Susanoh , was always terribly mean to her. One day he threw horse's hide into her temple. The temple maidens were sewing and a sharp sewing tool accidentally stabbed to death one of the maidens.
Angry, Amateras hid herself behind the big rock and the entire world lost went dark.
So the other gods made a plan to get her out from the rock. They had a big party in front of the rock, and Amateras was so curious that she asked them what was going on. One of the gods answered, "Another great goddess appeared and we're having a party for her."
When Amateras moved the rock slightly to see outside, one of the gods pulled her out from behind it and the daylight shone on the world again.

Ohkuninushi, the lord of the land, decided to give his land to the highest goddess, Amateras. Amateras sent a god Hononinigi to reign the land and he became the ancestor of Japanese emperors. Hononinigi fell in love with a beautiful princess, Konohanano-Sakuya-Hime and asked her father Ohyamatsumi for their marriage. Ohyamatsumi sent Konohana's sister Iwanaga-Hime along with Konohana to make both of them his wives. However, Hononinigi didn't like Iwanaga because she was so ugly. She was sent back to her father Ohyamatsumi and he got so angry. "I sent my two daughters to you because Konoyaha would bring you prosperity and Iwanaga would have brought you enernal life but you rejected Iwanaga. You and your descendents lost the chance to live forever." This is why gods (and emperors) die on our land.

Konohana, a flower princess was the symbol of prosperity and Iwanaga, a rock princess represented eternal life.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Value? what kind of value can your place on anothers God?

Arent these like great pieces of art ..priceless..

I think you'll do very well with themm..

Glad you brought them up because I had though about that from a moral perspective one time..what if I grabbed "God.com" off of a drop.. I mean could I ever really sell "GOD" ... a little bit of a delimea there (for me anyways)..

Good Luck...

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had GOD.VU and JESUS.VU and let both expire and drop as I didn't want to be selling the name people call God by also.

Adam

C

CrazyEddie

Just not sure about these. Don't have alot of experience with domain names, and thought they might have some decent value to them under the right circumstances?

Thanks,

Ed

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny isnt it... How we discover our lines of morals and ethics...

You new if you crossed that line and sold them it would bug you for the rest of your years.. was the fear of that knowledge or the fear of possible having to address the sale ..errrr... someday ;)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woeger
I had GOD.VU and JESUS.VU and let both expire and drop as I didn't want to be selling the name people call God by also.

Adam

Jesus is a friend of mine and, in my view, was our Maker paying a visit to us. Thus, it bums me out that Jesus.com is a poor-taste, quasi-sex site. I think this is about as tasteful as, say, using Exodus.com for an anti-semitic site or Kwanza.com for a white supremist site. One of my goals is to try to ensure that Jesus.info actually has info about Jesus instead of a tacky site like Jesus.com. I worked really hard to get Jesus.info and spent probably near $1,000 in Land Rush I, but it was taken inappropriately during the Sunrise Period without an accurate trademark and who knows where it will wind up if challenged and dropped. It did not resolve to a website for over a year and now just has a little bit of page hold stuff and buttons that do not work. (sigh) I have a basically pretty orthodox view of who Jesus is... but an open mind and enjoy real communication and consideration of alternative views and explanations. If I ever do get this name, I have some great ideas for how to structure it... with a decision tree that you can follow with different views and evidence along each branch. :) Stay tuned.

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DB, Would you also consider making money from such a site?

D

dkny

CrazyEddie,

i remember someone put God domains in Ebay asking for $10,000,000 each. Were you the one?

C

CrazyEddie

No but I seen it and it actually had a bid on it! Anyway with some research I seen he had it mis-spelled and registered the group of them.. My thought process was maybe a person of asian decent would value something like this pretty high. They are reaaly into history and tradition. Who knows probably wasted time and money with these, but seemed to make sence at the time.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomeBase,

I had SALVATION.COM for several years, BIBLE.NET, TITHE.COM, CHRISTIAN.NET, PRAYER.ORG, PRAYERS.COM, PRAY.NET, BIBLES.NET, TITHE.COM, HOLYBIBLE.ORG, FAITHFUL.COM and many other Christian domains over the years. I have developed some and then given or sold some to people I thought would use them well.

I also do not approve of the use of JESUS.COM and his "shower with Jesus" site. But after all, the owner of that site will have to deal with his maker someday. I understand also about the .info domains as I had 8 or 9 taken back due to Sunrise claims (even thoguht I owned a valid Tunisia trademark on the name Salvation I lost SALVATION.INFO).

So from now on, I have made it a policy for myself not to buy or own domains with God's name (God, Jesus, Holy SPirit, etc.) in them as I don't want to touch them improperly.

Nice to hear from a fellow who believes a similar way about Christian domains. Perhaps we should start a new area of discussion called "Domain Morals" that deals with how moral issues relate to domain name ownership...

What do you all think? Has the topic of moral issues relating to domain name ownership come up often before?

Adam

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cxz
DB, Would you also consider making money from such a site?

Good question. I am not sure if there is a general moral principle that would give the same answer to everyone. The Pentateuch says that priests can earn a living from their religious services... and the New Testament says pretty much same thing about ministers (although some variation in different passages)... but for me personally I would feel funny profiting from Jesus.info and would prefer not to do so.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woeger
DomeBase,

I had SALVATION.COM for several years, BIBLE.NET, TITHE.COM, CHRISTIAN.NET, PRAYER.ORG, PRAYERS.COM, PRAY.NET, BIBLES.NET, TITHE.COM, HOLYBIBLE.ORG, FAITHFUL.COM and many other Christian domains over the years. I have developed some and then given or sold some to people I thought would use them well.

I also do not approve of the use of JESUS.COM and his "shower with Jesus" site. But after all, the owner of that site will have to deal with his maker someday. I understand also about the .info domains as I had 8 or 9 taken back due to Sunrise claims (even thoguht I owned a valid Tunisia trademark on the name Salvation I lost SALVATION.INFO).

So from now on, I have made it a policy for myself not to buy or own domains with God's name (God, Jesus, Holy SPirit, etc.) in them as I don't want to touch them improperly.

Nice to hear from a fellow who believes a similar way about Christian domains. Perhaps we should start a new area of discussion called "Domain Morals" that deals with how moral issues relate to domain name ownership...

What do you all think? Has the topic of moral issues relating to domain name ownership come up often before?

Adam

Thanks for the response. I'm a bit tired to do this topic justice this evening... :) but here's a short response...

While this particular intersection of faith and domains has not come up, there have been a number of discussions here about what is right or wrong with respect to domains and what one should or should not be associated with or make money from. Some are quite interesting and I think that there are many thoughful people here who seek to do the right thing, albeit from different perspectives.

We'll talk later. I have always wanted to ask "Adam" a couple questions ;)

C

CrazyEddie

I appreciate all of the moral input and debate, however I'm still unclear if the worth of these names.

thanks

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CrazyEddie
I appreciate all of the moral input and debate, however I'm still unclear if the worth of these names.
thanks

For my two cents, the value of names of deities in a non-native language is probably not great... although you might get some "defensive registrations." You may have a hard time finding a market or end-user. Thus, I would guess valuation for each something like...

90% chance of $0
10% chance of $500

Expected value = (.9)0 + (.1)($500) = $50.

Just a guess.

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I got christ.biz. It looks like there is a big christian market (fellowships, churches, worship)..in us. pls correct me if I am using a wrong word...
Currently it points to a site where you can buy christian music.
Is this name appropriate for christian advertising? Christian books, events, churches etc.
I am building house.info which will help people search according to location and distance.
Is it a good idea to use same system to use for christian advertising?
Or is this name just not religious enough?
Any valuation?
11.000.000 results on google.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators