Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Creative Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adobe recently came out with Creative Cloud and it has quite an enticing price tag for licenses (for a limited time). If you're a developer, it's worth checking out if you use more than 1 Adobe product for your personal/business use. As you are aware, updates to software are quite frequent and with a price tag of ~$200 for an upgrade, a subscription for $50/mo ($20/mo if you're a student, though don't know the licensing regulations on that) seems more affordable in the long-run than to purchase or upgrade one or more products.

Anybody currently a subscriber to this service? How's it working out for you so far? Would you stick with Adobe on a per product basis or prefer using Creative Cloud and getting immediate software updates for everything they offer? Would you suggest this over individual licenses even if you would only use 1-3 products initially?

(Just some questions that I/others may have before the offer expires and I decide to pick up a couple licenses or go for the "team" license for the introductory price as I'm a little late for the train to use the trial and get a full feel before deciding purchasing at a lower price)

Thanks!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
R@pe. Sticking with CS 5.5 for now, no need to upgrade.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
R@pe. Sticking with CS 5.5 for now, no need to upgrade.

CS 5.5 Suite (almost all programs, which looks like it's being discontinued to make way for CC that has everything) or a specific one like Photoshop only?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Suite. The latest being, CS 6. Again, no need to upgrade :D

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Suite. The latest being, CS 6. Again, no need to upgrade :D

If you plan on having a development team of 5-10 people, licensing on that would be $3500 minimum (as I believe it's one license per computer if I'm not mistaken). Would CC team be a good option at that point IYO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom